• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

books for someone who likes the lord of the flies

starr

I want to get a book for someone who likes The Lord of the Flies and To Kill a Mockingbird. Or a website that has book comparisons. Any suggestions?
*thanks starr

I checked out Amazon.com and found the section where it says "customers who bought this book also bought:" and, aside from Kill a Mockingbird, it listed:

Animal Farm
Of Mice and Men
The Catcher in the Rye

I guess that's cheating, but my brain is dead. Maybe someone else can chime in.

Flowers for Algernon

All of the books mentioned so far are common listings on high school reading lists. I reccomend them for adults too. I'm 25 and just read Flowers for Algernon and really enjoyed it.

Is Flowers for Algernon a book? Or is that a short story, or a novella? Or did I read a version that tried to reader's digest its way through the story? (if I did, I should probably read the complete version... even if I end up crying!

Originally posted by Dawn
I checked out Amazon.com and found the section where it says "customers who bought this book also bought:"
I found this site that basically does the same thing: Gnooks -- it's actually quite fun. ;)

Sorry for the long delay

Flowers for Algernon is a novel, but I believe it started as a short story published in a magazine.

I have heard there was a TV movie, too.

Back