• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

books on mythology?

james-88

What are some good books on greek mythology? Was that movie, where at the end he kills that big sea monster by showing it Madusa's head, based on a book? How about some books about Hercules, or any other god, or person in greek mythology.

Originally posted by james-88
Was that movie, where at the end he kills that big sea monster by showing it Madusa's head, based on a book?

If you're talking about Clash of the Titans, you'll find it based on plenty of Greek Myths, mainly the legend of Perseus. You'll find a lot of the info available on most books/websites you can pick up (the one I use is a children's book called 'Greek Mytholgy' though I can't remember the author off the top of my head.Will get back to you

Start with Edith Hamilton's book on Greek and Roman Mythology, it's a good basic intro. Then you can hit the actual source material - The Iliad, Odyssey, Hesiod, Ovid.

Back