• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Books similar to A Song of Ice and Fire

zackadoo

Does anyone know of anything that comes close to ASOIF?

with sex/assassins/magic/kings queens ect.

doesn't have to be just like it but something with the above in it -_-

It could have elves in it, i think it would be a plus.

If anyone has read a book/series that is as good as this then please recommend it ;P.

I'm in the middle of Martin's series right now and I really like it. I would recommend Robert Jordan's A Wheel of Time series if you haven't read it. It includes all the things you mentioned and it's also really well written. There are a couple of threads on it if you want more opinions.

I don't think really anything touches this series but I really like Ray Feists stuff. Has everything you are looking for. Start with Magician and Magician: Apprentice

I don't think really anything touches this series but I really like Ray Feists stuff. Has everything you are looking for. Start with Magician and Magician: Apprentice

I read the Riftwar saga, what should i start on next?

I did enjoy Feists books also thanks for the recommendation.

I read the Riftwar saga, what should i start on next?

I did enjoy Feists books also thanks for the recommendation.

Just read his stuff in chronological order. Almost everything he has written ties in to this series. I believe it is Prince Of The Blood, The King's Buccaneer and then The Serpentwar Saga. Faerie Tale might be the only one that does not tie in. Let me know how you make out.

I'd recommend Robin Hobbs Farseer trilogy :) They're really good, and to me at least, I get sort of the same feeling while reading her books as I do when reading A song of Ice and Fire.

I'd recommend Robin Hobbs Farseer trilogy :) They're really good, and to me at least, I get sort of the same feeling while reading her books as I do when reading A song of Ice and Fire.

That is what I came in here to post.
The Farseer Trilogy
Liveship Traders Trilogy
The Tawny Man Trilogy
The Rain Wild Chronicles
All connected but separate mostly stories. They aren't Martin level but they are damn good.

Joe Abercrombie's The First Law trilogy is another really good and fairly dark series. Has two connect books "Best Served Cold" and "Heroes" which are also really good.

Patrick Rothfuss!

Does anyone know of anything that comes close to ASOIF?
with sex/assassins/magic/kings queens ect.
doesn't have to be just like it but something with the above in it -_-
It could have elves in it, i think it would be a plus.
If anyone has read a book/series that is as good as this then please recommend it ;P.

@zackadoo

I would definitely recommend The Name of the Wind and A Wise Man's Fear by Patrick Rothfuss! So far there are only two books in the series but they're both pretty hefty and make for great reads!

-B

Back