• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Books that captivate your attention and stimulate your vivid imagination

martinj73

Books that captivate your attention and stimulate your vivid imagination

"X Files: Goblins" by Charles Grant

VERY VIVID!

I started reading "X Files: Goblins" by Charles Grant
a few days ago, and I already read 100 pages on 15th May 2004. I am on page 170 out of 277 pages. My reading the most number of pages record is 214 pages held by "Saurian" fictional book by William Schoell on 3rd January 2004 Saturday (6 hour reading stretch)! "X Files: Goblins" book has captivated my attention and stimulated my imagination to the extent of feeling like Fox Moulder in the actual vivid scene, live!
Has any book captivated your attention and stimulated your vivid imagination to the extent of feeling like you are really in the scene of the story?

This book must be rated as the rereadable book honours list, if there is such a list!

I have another X Files book called "Whirlwind".

I felt like I was part of the story when I read 1984.

I started early one morning and by night I had finished the entire book.

The only times I paused was for the occasional bathroom break and meals.

Ich kämpfe - How many pages in the book

Ich kämpfe - How many pages were in that book you read in a day? What is the name of the book and who is the author?

martinj73 said:
Ich kämpfe - How many pages were in that book you read in a day? What is the name of the book and who is the author?

It has 323 excluding the afterword and bibliography, 339 with them. The book was as stated before named 1984 by George Orwell.

If you haven't read it, then please do!

The Scar by China Mieville it was quite a complex book but once I got into it I just couldnt stop reading :)

The X-Files novels!!! Man, i havnt thought about those in years - i bought every one when they first came, they rocked!! :D

Although, having said that, i think Goblins was my least favorite out of all of them!! :)

Whirlwind is better, IMHO, but the Kevin J. Anderson ones blow Charles Grants right off the map.

Phil (Huge X-Files Fan in 'the day')

Phil T - Can you name every or some of the X Files books?

Phil T - Can you name every or some of the X Files books?

And list the ISBN number of each book, as well, please?

I have just finished Gonlins in 5 days, ending today, and just started reading Whirlwind. So far, I have read 117 pages, but there are still 7 hours in the rest of this day in order to break my reading 214 pages in a day record.

The Whirlwind seemed to have a country and western theme to it. It should be interesting because I like country music. I read Legacies by Janet Dailey and that had a country and western theme, too!

Sure, i can try :)

Goblins & Whirlwind which you have were the first two, by horror novelist Charles Grant.

Then Kevin J. Anderson took over -

Ground Zero ISBN: 0006482066

Ruins - ISBN: 0006482538

Antibodies ISBN: 000648252X

And finally the last novel by Ben Mezrich -

Skin ISBN: 0061056448

All published by HarperCollins - Personally i think Ruins was the best, though Ground Zero and Antibodies were good too.

Phil :)

PS: There were also numerous adaptations of the best TV episodes, in both adult and teenage formats.

Thank you Phil T

Thank you Phil T!

I have about 10 books to read after Whirlwind, and just before the tenth book, I will go to a book store and hunt these other X File books out and buy them. Thank you again!

Well, you know, far be it for me to be anything but modest ....

.... but yes, yes i do rock!! :)

No problem with the help btw, i aim to please ;)

Phil

I'd have to say Anne McCaffrey's Dragonriders of Pern series absolutely captivated me the first, second, third, (and on and on) time that I picked the books up. I love the world that she has created...the characters, the society, all of it. Certain smells/weather reminds me of scenes from Pern, depending upon how I imagined them....its the only series of books that I think about at least once a week and read at least once per year.

Back