• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Bookstore name

pink shadow

Me and mrkgnao are discussing the possibilities of starting an English paperback store in Gothenburg, but we're having trouble coming up with a proper name. We want a name that tells the customer what it is we sell, but we don't want anything as simple as "The Bookstore". We've come up with three suggestions so far:

Ye Olde Bookshoppe
Readers' Corner
The Book & Bell

Any thoughts? Any suggestions? Any comments? We're grateful for any input!

pink & mrkgnao

The 10 'o clock scholar
Barndoors & Noblemen(pun intended):D
Starbooks(ditto):D
Book Heaven
Book & Coffee Corner

"The Haunted Bookshop" (from Christopher Morley's novel of the same name)

or "Telling Tales"

or perhaps "A Book by It's Cover"

"The Rabbit Hole" with a logo of the hare escaping into Wonderland, saying "Oh my ears and whiskers!"

My dd Katie wants to become a hairdresser and open her own salon/mystery bookstore...she wants to call it "Curl Up and Dye" :rolleyes:

A favorite bookstore that is no longer around anymore was The Green Dragon..

Others here are: Bookaholic, Eighth Day Books, Watermark, and Paperback Emporium...

I rather like Sitaram's list myself:)

Th population of Charlottesville is about 49,000 and we have over 20 used bookstores. One name that I like is "Read It Again Sam", I talked to them yesterday to see if they are interested in buying any of my books. I have many, many books that I will be selling or giving away. I have a 1906 edition of Shakespeare that I found out is not worth anything to a used book store.:(

abecedarian said:
My dd Katie wants to become a hairdresser and open her own salon/mystery bookstore...she wants to call it "Curl Up and Dye" :rolleyes:

I think there was a hair salon in the movie Blue Brothers called that. :p

I think a pun would be good for a name. There's a wool shop close to where I live called 'Drop in for a Yarn'.

I can't really think of anything at the moment which would suit an English book shop in Sweden. All I can think of is 'Thy Kingdom for a Book' but that might be a bit too long...

KristoCat said:
I once visited a lovely bookstore in Colorodo called The Book Rack. But I like Bibliobarn much more :D
There is a second hand store chain/franchise sort of thing called "The Book Rack" as well. So you might run into name copyright issues there.

A lot of interesting and catchy names have been suggested above already, all I would want to add is that its better not to make it too catchy, or the shopper won't know for sure what you are talking about. :eek:

Plain is better IMHO. :)

Back