• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Boom!

I agree with a l ot that has already been mentioned. Ballard is a semi-god IMHO, and I reviewed a Miller's A Canticle for Leibowitz Here.

Another I just want to throw out - more recent is the Neal Gaiman/Terry Pratchett collaboration Good Omens.

Do you mean J. G. Ballard, Ainulindale? I've just discovered him. I can't find any of his short story collections in print, though - any ideas?

Do you mean J. G. Ballard, Ainulindale? I've just discovered him. I can't find any of his short story collections in print, though - any ideas?

War Fever is available and excellent, as is Memories of the Space Age. There is The Best Short Stories of J. G. Ballard.

There is also the The Atrocity Exhibition, but I don't recommend purchasing that until last as it is more of a completisi's item then anything else,

I would like The Best Short Stories of J. G. Ballard, but it seems difficult to get in print. I don't suppose you have the ISBN? I was trying to order it in Australia (it's a gift, so cheaper postage) but couldn't find it there. Instead I ordered The Voices of Time, which is also proving hard to get in... *sigh*. The only other alternative is his complete collection, which is enormous and pretty good value, but not as good for a gift, unfortunately.

Edit: Nevermind, I found it and the book is available - I wonder why this one never turned up in my initial search? Thanks Ainulindale!

Back