• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Boy Love Manga

Fantasy Moon

kickbox
I was wondering if anyone liked reading this particular type of manga? For those unfamiliar with what I am talking about, BL refers to the male/male relationships in stories.

I got a friend to order me a new volume and it arrived this past week. It's an adult volume called Shinobu Kokoro. Stories about ninjas and an interesting snow spirit! I love this manga, and even read it twice once I got home. The artwork is somewhat pretty at times and, of course, there is the usual humorous comments that are made in those situations.

I probably wouldn't like it, but I have a friend who might. I'll have to recommend it to her...

p.s. I LOVE your Avatar! Isn't it Bakura from Yu-Gi-Oh or something like it?

I'm definitely open to reading male/male romances (see my signature for details!), but I don't really hold them as being different from male/female or female/female romances. I don't deliberately seek them out, but if one looks good, I will read it.

ValkyrieRaven88 said:
I'm definitely open to reading male/male romances (see my signature for details!), but I don't really hold them as being different from male/female or female/female romances. I don't deliberately seek them out, but if one looks good, I will read it.
I agree. Really I love all romance types. Sometimes I wish more of my friends were the same way.

I've noticed that Yun Kouga will include important straight and lesbian couples in her stories even if the main characters are gay boys. Or at least it seems that way, but I'm still reading Earthian and Loveless so I could be wrong.

Point of reference for anyone interested in this type of manga -- it's called Yaoi. And the major cultural significance of this genre of manga is that it's predominantly, if not exclusively, drawn/inked/written by women for women.

Back