• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Bruce Campbell Fans?

Buddy Knox

if they're are any around here i reccomend you to check out Bubba Ho-Tep if you get the chance. i watched it earlier today and it was absolutely hillarious. despite the wacky plot, Campbell & Ozzie Davis are able to make it work. the performances are great, and it's a really fun & entertaining movie.

I heard about the movie a long time ago, but I haven't seen ti out in cinemas. Is it out on DVD yet? I really want to see it. Not only due to the cult legend Bruce Campbell, but because it sounded pretty darn wacky.

I absolutely love the Evil Dead-films, simply because Bruce Campbell is one of the coolest dudes alive!

The man is a living legend!

Cheers, Martin :cool:

I've heard good things about this movie, but have yet to see it myself. Takes me forever to actually get in the mood for a movie, but this is one that I'd eventually like to see. Sounds amusing.

Martin said:
I absolutely love the Evil Dead-films, simply because Bruce Campbell is one of the coolest dudes alive!

The man is a living legend!

yeah he is... If Chins Could Kill was a good book as well.

i'm not sure if it's on DVD yet, they were showing a screening of it locally and i was lucky enough to catch it. if you can't find a copy of the DVD i'd suggest snatching it from bit torrent.

Bruce Campbell rocks socks!! :D

I loved him in Hercules and Xena!!! ..... wait, did i just say that outloud :eek:

Phil

Well .. he was the only good bit in Hercules and Xena (except for the bits where Xena would start yelling: yeeyeeyeeyeeyeeyeeyee).

But, I don't know, there's just something undeniably cool about Bruce!

Well ... i dunno ... there was that bit where Xena and Gabrielle were in the bath together .... :D

Phil

good to know i'm not the only Campbell fan around here...

i caught him at a book signing when i was in New York about a year back. he was funny, well-spoken, and just a cool guy. i managed to talk to him for a few minutes towards the end and it was definitely a neat experience. it was nice to see how down to earth he was...

and by the way... The Adventures of Brisco County Jr. kicked ass.

bruce campbell and sam raimi grew up a few miles from my mom's house in detroit. evil dead even debuted here in grand rapids. most of it was shot between the two cities.

I really hope they make a fourth sequel, that would be sweet. I think there's a stong possibility.

Dredging this ol' thread up to review Bruce Campbell - If Chins Could Kill.

There are, basically, two kinds of people in the world: those to whom Bruce Campbell is Jesus, Schwarzenegger and the Three Stooges rolled into one, and then the rest. (Most of the rest, amazingly, have never even heard of him.) As he observes at one point in the book, the difference between a mainstream movie and a cult movie is that the former might be seen by 100,000 people 10 times whereas the latter is seen by 10 people 100,000 times.

His autobiography is one of the most fun - and funny - books on the movie industry I've read in some time, which makes sense considering his career. (There really isn't much to tell by way of drugs, debauchery and swimming-in-champagne when your biggest movie ever gave you a net annual salary of under $50,000.) Instead, this is the movie business as seen from the lower rungs; Campbell goes just as fanboy as everyone else when he finds himself sitting opposite Chuck Heston, and later on he spends an entire chapter on the career of one of his assistants on the set of Brisco County Jr. It's the little guys that keep the business turning, as a b-movie actor from Detroit would know. He got into the business almost by accident – he acted in a movie (Evil Dead, of coursewith a couple of childhood friends and suddenly he was apparently an actor (his account of his first interview with an actor's agency is a hoot). Where his characters on screen are often loud, obnoxious and funny, Campbell himself comes across as a genuinely Nice Guy trying to make a living simply by honest hard work in an industry that doesn't exactly encourage niceness or honesty. But still funny.

He's no great writer, but he can spin a yarn. I'd say reading his anecdotes from movie sets, fan convents and his personal life (man, Sam Raimi comes across as the most lovable utter asshole ever) feels almost like spending an evening just shooting the breeze with Bruce Campbell, but... well, it's such a quick read, it basically IS an evening shooting the breeze with Bruce Campbell. Lots of fun. 4/5.

I saw him in an Old Spice commercial a couple of months ago! It was hilarious.
Youtube

The Bruce can light up just about anything. I celebrated finishing Chins by watching From Dusk Till Dawn 2; he's in it for about 90 seconds, but... it almost makes the movie worth watching.

Almost.

The most surprising was when he turned up in that Jim Carrey movie as the old black & white movie hero, that was the only good thing about that movie.

Oh, The Majestic? He also made a cameo appearance in Intolerable Cruelty as a soap-opera actor.
I loved his character on "Hercules" and "Xena". He had some funny lines/moments on those shows.

He has another Old Spice commercial out now. Not as good as the old one but still cool.

Since I'm a newb I can't post a link to it yet but if you enter Bruce Campbell "Old Spice" commercial - Hungry Like The Wolf into the youtube search it will pop up.

I like him too. He doesn't get enough credit and respect, in my opinion. I've heard people talking how he would make a good Roland in the Dark Tower series in movie form. I'm still not convinced of that, though.

Back