• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Can anyone help me identify this book?

paulfeakins

Hi all

I started reading a really interesting book on Amazon but for whatever reason I didn't buy it and also didn't make a note of the title.

I've tried hard to find it on Google from the snippets I can remember but it's just not coming up. I've searched my Amazon history and tried to find it again on Amazon but all with no success.

I'm hoping that someone will recognise it from this...

The part I read was quite philosophical. It was telling the story from the point of view of a man who had awoken in a cave(?) with no memory of how he got there or who he was. He was describing how when he opened his eyes there was a woman and a man. The woman brought him food and looked after his every need because he was somehow unable to do anything for himself. Eventually he was strong enough to look after himself.

There was quite a lot of description about this and slowly it began to dawn on the reader that actually this was a metaphor for the experience of being born and looked after by a parent.

So any ideas?

Back