• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Can anyone help with a computer problem please.

Erica

Hi,
Sorry bit long...:confused:
I bought a wireless laptop and wanted to run it along with my desktop pc, which is also wireless. I have Telewest broadband. I bought a Belkin router as recommended by PC world and set it up. However the Telewest modem and router are in a different room to the desktop pc. The instructions on the Belkin said you had to run a short cable from the Telewest modem to the back of the desktop and it should then work the desktop and the laptop at the same time. Problem the cable provided is only 2 feet long and miles too short to reach the desktop. Also dont want/cant have a cable stretching all that way. Supposed to be WIRELESS. Can anybody help please

Ok Erica...I got a bit confused about how yours is set up but here is how I have mine.
I have my desktop in my office, hooked up to my DSL modem and my wireless router which both run to desktop and then to each other also. My desktop is not wireless but then I have my laptop (wireless) networked into it. I dont have many cords all over just around the desktop.
I am thinking if u want your way to work with the desktop and modem not being in the same room then u will have to buy a longer cable but in my opinion if it is possible I would hook the modem and router up to the desktop.
Gosh I hope this isnt confusing. Sorry if I am not much help!

mom2kngr said:
Ok Erica...I got a bit confused about how yours is set up but here is how I have mine.
I have my desktop in my office, hooked up to my DSL modem and my wireless router which both run to desktop and then to each other also. My desktop is not wireless but then I have my laptop (wireless) networked into it. I dont have many cords all over just around the desktop.
I am thinking if u want your way to work with the desktop and modem not being in the same room then u will have to buy a longer cable but in my opinion if it is possible I would hook the modem and router up to the desktop.

Ok thanks, The PC is in another room from the Routers, strange thing is it was working for about a week?????
Its not easy to explain, will get my other half to try and sort it...will show him your reply..
thanks for trying...xxx

mom2kngr said:

Me again, He thinks hes done it ;) taken the router through the router :confused: it seems to be working ok, well they are both on line! at the momant...:D
Thanks again ..HAPPY CHRISTMAS xxx

Back