• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Can anyone help with finding people to review my book

Mark Hockley

Hi everyone,

I know it's unacceptable to promote my work here, but I was wondering if anyone knew how to go about getting reviews for my book. It's only available on Amazon Kindle, but however good or bad it may be, it doesn't stand any chance at all of finding an audience unless someone reads it and likes it and spreads the word. Of course, if it's terrible the message will soon get out saying that too! Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks for replying. My book is fantasy with teenage protagonists, so probably not suitable for a sci-fi blog. It's just really difficult to get anyone to read something by an unknown writer, especially when they've put their work out on Amazon Kindle and no one knows it's there. The truth, I know, is that the majority of books that get published in this way aren't very good. Of course, I'd like to think mine is! :) But unless somebody reads it and reviews it, who knows!

Actually you may promote your book here in the Member Publications/Shameless Self-Promotion thread where I moved your post too.

of course actually GETTING them to do a review is another story - having just been down this particular road myself recently. Lots of sites offer reviews, but when push comes to shove .... not so easy.

I am following up those links. Thanks for posting them. I can already see what Meadow means about finding it difficult to get someone to review your work. It's also hard to know which reviewers are worth contacting.

Just to let you know that my book will be free for a review period of five days from tomorrow 1/11/13. Feedback would be very welcome. It's called Bad Holiday in Witch Town.

Back