• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Can someone please kill the spoiler thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hold on here.....the very beginning of the "Spoiler" thread had an actual point. It made sense....there was a legitimate question, and a following legitimate answer.

Then the thread took off in fun. Ohhhhhh....god, that kind of thing never happens anywhere elses does it????? What difference does the spamification make if it follows after the resolution of the original question?

Why split it? Now you've got two threads. So what? What does that accomplish except Martin doesn't have to cry about it now?

I don't understand why the need to split the so called spam out. Except that it for some reason makes Martin happy.......

can you spam a thread about spam? kidding, kidding, i jest, don't get your panties in a bunch.

I just find it a bit funny, and a bit rediculous, that Mr. 8000+ posts can, and will complain about spam.....the thread was not derailed, or hijacked.....the goofy bullshit had no effect on anyone except Martin I guess....and he decided to complain. There was no reason to spilt it. Now there's two threads where there once was one.....I don't see how that accomplishes anything.

There was no where else for that thread to go and given another day or two I'm sure it would have died a peaceful death.....

Motokid said:
Hold on here.....the very beginning of the "Spoiler" thread had an actual point. It made sense....there was a legitimate question, and a following legitimate answer.

Then the thread took off in fun. Ohhhhhh....god, that kind of thing never happens anywhere elses does it????? What difference does the spamification make if it follows after the resolution of the original question?

Why split it? Now you've got two threads. So what? What does that accomplish except Martin doesn't have to cry about it now?

I don't understand why the need to split the so called spam out. Except that it for some reason makes Martin happy.......

A member of TBF made a request which I acted on, like I've acted on, for example, Stewart's requests to correct spelling in thread titles. We're just trying to keep the forum tidy, whether by splitting threads, merging them, moving them or whatever. I don't see why such a big deal is being made over this. Yes, there was a legitimate question. Then the thread became spam which wasn't relevant to the Feedback, Help and Suggestions forum, so it was moved to General Chat where it could be continued. I could understand you being annoyed if all the "spam" had been deleted, but it hasn't been. It's still there, just in its "rightful home".

I understand splitting threads when topics still have a coarse to run, or derail into other interesting topics....I don't understand why that particular thread was an issue. All that needed to be said was said in the first 5 posts, and then fun and mayhem ruled the rest. So what? Had it been left alone, who would have cared....and why should it matter if the rest was non-sense? Now you've still got the original 5 posts, and a seperate thread that'll die any way....

I just think it was silly for Martin to care, and silly to split it....my opinion and that's all.....I'm not pouting over it....

Halo said:
We're just trying to keep the forum tidy

Tidy, to me, is not creating numerous threads when one is all that's needed, or called for....you want tidy.....put the crumbs back in the box where they came from....don't spread them into multiple areas.....

oh good grief and gravy, here's a hair, who's got the sharper knife? shall we all proceed over to ricky's drunk thread and have a round? let's be friends.

Nobody but me see's the hypocracy here????? A guy who's pasted more spam about this place than most of us combined complaining about spam....

spam that interupted nothing, and caused no problems to anyone....

I think clueless is right...

ohhh....and lets not forget that Senior Moderator Wabbit was happily posting away, 100 posts into the thread in question, and he never seemed to mention that things were kinda slipping away and should be confined to other areas of the forum.....

Motokid said:
Nobody but me see's the hypocracy here????? A guy who's pasted more spam about this place than most of us combined complaining about spam....

spam that interupted nothing, and caused no problems to anyone....

I think clueless is right...

I see your point, I also think that instead of starting this thread, it could of been a post in the thread it was dealing with or a PM but now there are 3 threads where there was only 1.

Ronny said:
I see your point, I also think that instead of starting this thread, it could of been a post in the thread it was dealing with or a PM but now there are 3 threads where there was only 1.

common sense seems to be on short supply 'round here doesn't it....

My cats breath smells of cat food.
ralph1.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back