• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Can someone search a book with their e-reader?

Hugh

There's a scene in the book Northern Lights that I can not find with Google book search. The character's name is Charlene Galloway and she is thinking about her life in Lunacy, Alaska, the lodge that she owns, and the years that have gone by. It's been a long time since I read it, but I think I remember something like "the years turned to dust" or maybe "days turned to dust". Maybe it was crumbled to dust? When i search the keyword "charlene" I get 91 results, but none of them seem to be in the passage I'm looking for. I can't even be sure I'm using google book search correctly, because the yellow highlighting is not even on the keywords I'm searching for. I wanted to ask here before I give up and have to re-read a 700 page book.

, , , ,before I give up and have to re-read a 700 page book.

Hugh! :eek:

If your esperience has ever been like mine, I frequently can't even find lines which I remember to have read in a book that I just finished. It is very frustrating, as ordinary rereading doesn't seem to do it for me, nor does focussed visual scanning. So beware of thinking that rereading will do it, is my caution -- especially a 700-pager. Just a caution. And good luck.

Of google book search I have no experiece.

Back