• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

'Carnivale'

Ou Be Low hoo

I know politics is a no-no, but is TV a yes-yes?

Carnivale', 'Carnivale', 'Carnivale'...
It's a new show, show, show...
Don't you know, know, know?
It's on HBO, O, O...

The end...or is it? No, it's not...read on...

'Carnivale' has just started to be shown over here on the island of Taiwan...it's only 2 episodes in, but so far I like what I see and I see what I like...

I don't know if it's already aired in the US, UK or OZ, but it seems to me like a peculiar mix of 'The Twighlight Zone', 'American Gothic' and a Sunday School lesson...normally something with such obvert religious over-tones would put me off - the suspension of disbelief would be too hard to cope with...But...This show I like...a lot.

What about you? Do you like it? 'It' being the show, 'Carnivale', and not something random like 'wall-paper'...

Here's a linkerdy-dink-dink:

http://www.hbocarnivaletarot.com/

I've seen 5 episodes so far, and they all leave me thinking "what the ****?" It's one of the few shows that made me wish it were next week and the week after already, so they'd tell us something for a change.

Back