• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Cathy's Book: If Found Call 650-266-8233

sparkchaser

Administrator and Stuntman
Staff member
I saw an ad for this on my Gmail account. The whole idea of it seems pretty interesting combining real world sites and actual working phone numbers.

Has anyone (or their daughter) read this?

Article from About.com: Cathy's Book: If Found Call 650-266-8233

Cathy's Book: If Found Call 650-266-8233

Monday October 2, 2006

It was only a matter of time before publishers figured out how to meld the the appeal of internet gaming and online social networking with books. Enter Cathy's Book. Cathy's Book: If Found Call 650-266-8233 is about a teenage girl whose life goes from difficult to worse when her best friend becomes angry with her and her boyfriend Victor, who may not be the boy he appears to be, breaks up with her.

This young adult mystery was crafted with an interactive marketing eye. Not only does Cathy's Book have its own website (there are actually two), the characters from Cathy's Book have their own phone numbers; there is a Cathy's Book MySpace page; there are Cathy's Book AIM Journal pages; and more. In other words, online marketing for teens meets book publishing.

After all this effort, lets hope the book is worth it.

Amazon.com: Cathy's Book: If Found Call 650-266-8233: Sean Stewart,Jordan Weisman: Books

That's a pretty neat idea. My husband told me that Trent Reznor did something similar in one of his latest NIN albums.

Back