• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Changing avatars

sanyuja

I use avatar to relate to people. I find it really hard to remember who is who if people change avatars.

I mean Martin has to be the never-stopping green man, I can't just imagine him as something else.

I took so long to register that mehastings changed avatar!! I was wondering where is that lady with a cute puppy as her avatar!

May be its just me, but I wish people stopped changing avatars :(

sanyuja said:
I took so long to register that mehastings changed avatar!! I was wondering where is that lady with a cute puppy as her avatar!

Zoe's (above mentioned animal) actually an incredibly cute adult dog. I decided to take her off because she refused to sign a release form for using her likeness. She may return if she relents because I'm just not happy with the other avatars I have tried.

Well Sar, I was confused too when I didn't see the woman with short hair and glasses as your avatar! :confused:

She's still there for my profile photo though, I liked that avatar but wanted something more fun

sanyuja said:
I mean Martin has to be the never-stopping green man, I can't just imagine him as something else.
I still tend to think of Martin as the yellow HM man :)

Yellow man? I haven't seen his earlier avatar. So, I dont know :D

Ice -- you confused me too! You stopped being that pretty horse!

mehastings said:
Zoe's (above mentioned animal) actually an incredibly cute adult dog. I decided to take her off because she refused to sign a release form for using her likeness. She may return if she relents because I'm just not happy with the other avatars I have tried.
I didn't start this topic to stop people from changing avatars! I just wanted to vent out that I am utterly confused as to who is who when avatars get changed.

People wanting to change avatars is ok. But, it confuses the hell out of me! :confused:

You need not go back to the doggie avatar, mehastings. I was just citing you as an example. But, IMO this avatar is the best of all you had so far :)

Ice said:
Sorry :eek: I'll probably change back at some point.
No need to be sorry, Ice. As I said earlier I am not accusing anyone. I just said that I am confused. :( Sorry if this sounds like accusing you. :(

When I was setting up my account I just used a picture I had handy (of my sugar glider Biscuit) but I started looking right away to find something better.

I noticed everyone seemed to change their avatar with the change of the season and it was a bit confusing to figure everyone out but kinda fun too.

I don't see anything wrong with changing avatars....we are people...well, most of us...we change...clothes, hair styles, hair colors, image, appearance, attitudes....it's natural to change...

Why should avatars be any different?
As long as the screen name remains the same...now once those start changing we may have some problems....

fluffy bunny said:
Tell that to Mile-O, sorry meant Abu. Or was that Stewart? :rolleyes:

good one...that all happened before I became a member...but it does raise questions when reading older threads....

I knew about Mile-O....have not seen Abu...have to start looking....

i like it when people change avatars... it is like you meet this people again and again, and every time you have a different opinion and then you put htem together and you get a pretty good picture...
and i like my avatar though i get bored with it, but i have still to figure out how to bring the pictures i want in the right size... :eek:

honeydevil said:
but i have still to figure out how to bring the pictures i want in the right size... :eek:
Get a free avatar sizer off the web. I use Avatar Sizer. After you install the program you just enter the number of pixels you want the image to be, and it does it for you. It's pretty cool!

That being said, I don't know whether I would want to see your avatar change overly often hd... I like your Lucy Lu and I'm just getting used to it :(

sanyuja said:
You need not go back to the doggie avatar, mehastings. I was just citing you as an example. But, IMO this avatar is the best of all you had so far :)
Actually, the doggie finally consented to having her picture online. The agreement is that I use her as my avatar and post her "ferocious" picture in my profile. She doesn't want to be viewed as a softy...

It is the best I've had. I thought I'd give something different a shot, but sometimes same old is the best.

Back