• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Childhood's End Allusions

JaeKayLMNOP

Hey! I've just read Childhood's End, and I'm supposed to write a paper on it, comparing the allusions in it to the allusions in a novel called "Snow In August." Don't worry about that book, though...I need to concentrate on Childhood's End. Hopefully some of you have read it, and I assume you have...I think it's somewhat of a science fiction classic. Anyhow, my problem is this: I cannot find more than one allusion in Childhood's End! Perhaps it's because of my lack of knowledge about what an allusion really is, but the only allusion I found parallels the Overlords to Satan and his demons, and the Overmind to god. It compares the end of Earth in Childhood's End to the Apocolypse. I'm still researching that one, but I think it's a start.

Can anyone put their brain to the test and think of some other allusions in Childhood's End? It's quite a challenge, but I'd be most grateful if someone could find something

Thanks a lot.

-Jason

If you are supposed to compare the allusions in Childhood's End to the allusions in Snow in August, then try this: List for yourself the allusions in the second book, and see if they resonate in the first book too. It would be a jumping off point for your search in the first book.

Back