• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Children's Horror/strange Stories id help

cyberem78

Hi, I'm looking for a book I read in 1989-90 in the UK. It was a modern hardback book of short horror stories. I'm pretty sure the title was something generic like "Horror Stories" or something similar but there are so many of these books I am finding it difficult to identify.

One story involved a man who was walking home down a country road and got lost and slipped back in time. He arrives at a cabin where a girl (Sarah, I think ) lives with her father. She was a tarot card reader and had seen that a man will come from another time. They fall in love, I think and he has to decide whether he wants to stay there or go back to the future.

Another story involved a girl whose brother had gone missing. The last place he was seen was the mall. Several other kids have also vanished in the same way. The girl sneaks into the mall one night and hides in a children's park inside a giant plastic animal slide. She tries to stay awake but can't. She smells lavender and passes out. When she awakes she can't move and realizes she is inside a mannequin inside a shop window. She can see that the mannequin beside her is wearing her brother's clothes.

Totally creepy!

Back