• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Christmas Music

muggle

What is your favorite Christmas CD and also what is you favorite Christmas song and by what artist.

Behold the Lamb of God by Andrew Peterson is my favorite Christmas album. I love the title cut and his Matthews' Begats..

Other favorite Christmas songs:

You Gotta Get Up, It's Christmas Morning-Rich Mullins

Christmas For Cowboys-John Denver

O Holy Night-John Berry (his O Holy Night cd is a close runner-up for favorite)

Mary Did You Know-Mark Lowry or Kathy Mattea(I'm not crazy about Kenny Rogers and Wynonna)

Barefoot Santa Claus-Sonny James

Silent Night-John Denver

Feliz Navidad-Jose Feliciano

Linus and Lucy-Noel Friedline, or Charley Brown Christmas soundtrack

New Kid in Town-George Strait

Christmas is All in the Heart-Steven Curtis Chapman

Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer-Gene Autry

Jingle Bell Rock-Bobby Helms

Santa Claus is Comin to Town-Lonestar (TRY to keep from tapping your toes, go on, try!)

What Child is This- John Denver

I like lots of others,but these are my favorites.

blueboatdriver said:
Fairytale of Newyork is easily my favourite.

Yes indeed.

And that Jona Lewie song - Wish I could be Home for Christmas, or whatever it was called.:confused:

My favorite Christmas CD is one that is probably little known. "The 20 Greatest Songs Of Christmas" by BoneyM. My favorite song is on the album and is a medley of Mary's Boy Child / Oh My Lord. The song was the most requested for 2 years running on Charlottesville, VA radio. BoneyM's version of it is stunning. If you haven't heard the song I highly recommend it.

Another CD I really like is Emmylou Harris's album Light Of The Stable.

Among other songs that I like are almost anything christmas by Nat King Cole and a couple by Elvis....If Every Day Was Like Christmas and Blue Christmas.

Oh yeah, Fairytale of New York is on most peoples list. ;)

Emmylou Harris' Star of Bethlehem is wonderful. Has anyone else heard the duo of James Taylor and Ricky Skaggs-New Star Shining? I heard/saw it on TNN back when we had cable, more than 12 years ago. They sang so well together.

I have 2 albums of Christmas music by Gene Autry (wouldn't you know it). His Rudolph is surely one of the most played Christmas songs ever.

We get a weird kick out of Chipmunks Roasting on An Open Fire..that's probably not the true name of the parody, but after the 10,000th time we've heard The Christmas Song, it's a "nice" change:rolleyes:
What can I say? We also like The Twelve Days of Christmas by John Denver and the Muppets...
We also love to warp Rudolph's song too.

abecedarian said:
We get a weird kick out of Chipmunks Roasting on An Open Fire..that's probably not the true name of the parody, but after the 10,000th time we've heard The Christmas Song, it's a "nice" change:rolleyes:
What can I say? We also like The Twelve Days of Christmas by John Denver and the Muppets...
We also love to warp Rudolph's song too.
Would it be safe to assume that you are a fan of the late John Denver's music.:) Not that I blame you as I also enjoy him.

I don't listen to much Christmas music unless I'm hosting a party between Thanksgiving and Christmas. In that case I usually have to buy something cheap at the market since I always lose the CDs after the holidays. I usually try to go with instrumental or choral versions rather than soloists.

Blech.

I only like real Christmas music.

Handel's Messiah, Britten's Festival of Carols, medieval Christmas songs, Bach's Oratorio.

Duke Ellington's take on Tchaikovsky's Nutcracker Suite is brilliant.

Ave Maria
Adeste Fideles
plainsong Mass

About two years ago I went to a choral concert of 15th Century English Christmas music sung a cappela. It was so wonderful, nothing has really sounded as perfect to me at Christmas since.

All that shit about Santa and snow is terrible.

novella said:
Blech.

I only like real Christmas music.

Handel's Messiah, Britten's Festival of Carols, medieval Christmas songs, Bach's Oratorio.

Duke Ellington's take on Tchaikovsky's Nutcracker Suite is brilliant.

Ave Maria
Adeste Fideles
plainsong Mass

About two years ago I went to a choral concert of 15th Century English Christmas music sung a cappela. It was so wonderful, nothing has really sounded as perfect to me at Christmas since.

All that shit about Santa and snow is terrible.
:) ;) :) ;) :)
May your days be merry and bright
And may all your Christmases be white
:) ;) :) ;) :)

muggle said:
Would it be safe to assume that you are a fan of the late John Denver's music.:) Not that I blame you as I also enjoy him.

Guilty as charged:eek: He might have been flaky as dandruff but he could sing pretty good.

I do not have a favorite CD for christmas, but I surely love Christmas songs... all of them are great! I kind of have some nice memories about this songs:

Perry Como - Magic Moments
and Silent Night

More that i enjoy:

The Christmas Song by Nat King Cole

There's No Place Like Home For the Holidays by Perry Como

muggle said:
More that i enjoy:

The Christmas Song by Nat King Cole

There's No Place Like Home For the Holidays by Perry Como

Actually I really like all Christmas music. :)

Back