• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Congratulations to all the Celitic Fans!

Gilgamesh

As I was growing up in central part of US, back in the 80's, I loved Larry Bird, Robert Parish, Danny Ainge, Kevin McHale. What can you say? Even now, as I live in Southern California, although I feel bad for Lakers, I still am happy to see Boston taking the championship.

I was born and raised in LA...and I have always been a Celtics fan (dad was a hardcore fan) so I inevitably raised into one. I cried through Larry Birds retirement, and got excited when he started coaching for Indiana, thinking maybe he'll pull a Michael Jordan and try playing again.:sad:

I hate the Lakers with a passion, and I'm glad we have the team we have now to be able to demolish Kobe! Pierce, Garnett, Allan, Rondo, Cassel....bad ass players!! I'm so stoked, my celtics championship gear is already in transit to my house.lol

wooo i love the celtic!!!!

classic-frost2.jpg

err wait... is celtic frost not the NBA champs???

I was young, but still remember the rivalry in the 80's. Bird vs. Magic, Parish vs. Abdul-Jabbar, James Worthy vs. Kevin McHale. Man, it just doesn't get any better than that! I also hate the Lakers. They are more glitz and glam and about showboating while Boston had the reputation of being a hard working team, a blue collar one at that in the NBA. I'm thrilled the Lakers were soundly embarrassed in game 6-couldn't have happened to a more deserving team.

Born and raised in Virginia, I've never been to a Celtics game in my life (albeit I have a signed Larry Bird jersey). However, due to my father's affinity for the Celtics, and his tales of watching the Celtics in the late 50s and 60s (led by Bill Russell, Bob Cousy, and John Havlicek), I was instantly a fan when I was born. I've always loved 'em, and I've always hated the Lakers, so this Finals was unbelievable. Especially after a 22 year drought. I was berated every year as the Celtics faded into the perils of the pits of mediocrity. I wrote a blog during the 2006-2007 season, when they only won 24 games. I complained, but I never did abandon them. I watched every game and rooted them on.

I just received the championship shirt in the mail today. I'm going out with a few friends tonight, and will probably wear it.

My username on here is a combination of Hunter S. Thompson and the Boston Celtics, by the way (obviously). Thompson's journalism genre and 'Celtic' for being a Celtics fan, which translates to GonzoCeltic.

Back