• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Could I use this name on my books?

wilderness

Hey
I dont want to use my real name on my novela (presuming I will get published)...because I don't think my name is a good selling name..so I was wondering if the name on my books could be: Wilderness.
Would publishers allow that?
What do you think?

Lani

Well, unless your full name is Lani R. Fogglebottom, I would go with your real name. What kind of book is it? Lani Wilderness is kinda cool.

Lani Fogglebottom wouldn't prevent me from buying a book, but Lani Kantrite probably would.

I happen to think that a name with one trendy word like Wilderness or Gaia is getting old. I'm sure something close to your real name would work. Give it the Ellis Island treatment and see what you come up with.

Mari said:
I happen to think that a name with one trendy word like Wilderness or Gaia is getting old. I'm sure something close to your real name would work. Give it the Ellis Island treatment and see what you come up with.
I agree - having a one-word name is a little dated. Secondly, people wouldn't know which was the title and which was the author's name. Finally, in the event that your novella is a runaway success, you wouldn't want your name to raise more ruckus than the content, would you?

What's the "Ellis Island treatment" ? :confused:

Kookamoor said:
What's the "Ellis Island treatment" ? :confused:
(a non-English speaking fellow walks up to the counter after staring for hours at the Statue of Liberty)

Imigrant: "My name Edvhinskin Kavvykki."

Rude jerk at the counter: "Name, please..."

Imigrant: "My name Edvhinskin Kavvykki."

Rude jerk at the counter: "...right..." (writes John Smith on papers)

Imigrant: "Edvhinskin Kavvykki!!!."

Rude jerk at the counter: "Please step aside, Mr. Smith. Next!"

Yeah, sorry for the confusion. I said that tongue in cheek, and I forgot for the moment what a wonderfully international site this is.

Back