• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Counting down.........

magemanda

I am now at fever pitch waiting for A Feast for Crows in October.

Of less interest, although I'll still buy the hardback for completeness, is the new Robert Jordan in the Wheel of Time series (I used to have the titles engraved on my brain at one point, waiting for release, but now I'm just not as hyped).

Is anyone else waiting (im)patiently for books to be published?

Well at the moment there are three ongoing series i follow.
The malazean series by Steven Eriksson
The last chronicles of Thomas Covenant by Stephen Donaldson
A song of Ice and Fire by George RR Martin.

But since nearly all of these longer epic series tend to drop rapidly in quality i'm not waiting that impatiently any longer. I read them when they come, but i'm not running down to the store the moment they are released.

Though I have not read any of the series, I too am waiting for "A Feast of Crows". Though I am disappointed that the cover art work is changing. Not that I like the old style better. I just like consistancy. But I am sure that is the only complaint many will have. ;)

By the way, I thought it was to be released in November?

Another one I am looking forward to is "Pushing Ice" by Alastair Reynolds. Though in the last year and a half I have not only gotten away from sci-fi, but hard sci-fi, I still like his work.

"The Mysteries" by Lisa Tuttle looks very interesting. And I am also looking forward to "The Mark of Ran" which begins the "Sea Beggars" series by Paul Kearney. I REALLY enjoyed his "Monarchies of God" series.

Different countries, Scooter.

October is A Feast for Crows for us, so, if you were really desperate, you could probably get it from here a month in advance (here being UK).

Same as we've already had The Mark of Ran for a little while - I've heard mixed reviews of that one, and am not currently tempted to read it.

I have in my to-read list a couple of books by Alastair Reynolds - even though sci-fi isn't quite my thing - and I'm looking forward to trying them.

I'm definitely excited and I'm celebrating by re-reading books 1 thru 3 so I can actually remember what's going on!

Oh, I thought "A Feast of Crows" was a November release worldwide. Either way, I can wait. :)

Disappointing to hear mixed reviews about Kearney's new book. I should look them up.

If you are not necessarily a sci-fi and are going to read Reynolds, my suggestion is to start with "Chasm City". It has a noir appeal to it, and though the others can somewhat stand alone, they are linked. CC is just based in the same universe/time period.

I've only just finished A Game of Thrones, which I enjoyed, but since I still have the other two to read before I get to A Feast of Crows, I'm not actually counting down yet.

And I also just finished The Path of Daggers, so still have two more to go before I need to worry about Robert Jordan's latest one.

What I ma waiting on and have been waiting on for years is Katherine Kerr's latest one. I do wish she would get better so she can finish it.

The two books I am waiting patiently for are A Feast of Crows and Cornwell's The Pale Horseman both of which are due to be published next month :cool:

I too am waiting for Martin and Jordan's latest. Not really in too big a hurry on Jordan though. I just want that epic to end, but that's may just be me. Also there are a couple books out by Orson Scott Card that I want to read, but haven't yet.

PHILJ76 said:
Not really in too big a hurry on Jordan though. I just want that epic to end, but that's may just be me.

I'm actually pulling for Jordan to make a strong comeback with Knife of Dreams, the Wheel of Time has been rather stagnant over the last few novels. Hopefully he'll surprise us with some actual ACTION!!!

Feast of Crows, oh yeah! Impatiently waiting - I'm dropping everything to read this one. In fact not too long ago I irritated my bookstore's attendant by asking him to dig out my preorder for the book which I had placed more than 18 months ago, just so I know they didn't forget me.

ds

Well, I have had Jordan's Knife of Dreams for a couple weeks now.

Books I'm looking forward too:

(2006 releases)) -

Ink - Hal Duncan
Empire of Ice Cream - Jeffrey Ford
Shriek: an afterword - Jeff VanderMeer
Buring Girl - Holly Phillips
Lies of Locke Lamora - Scott Lynch (I'm reading this now)
Thousandfold Thought - R. Scott Bakker
Of Tales and Enigmas - Minsoo Kang
Crystal Rain - Tobias Bucknell
Killing with the Edge of the Moon - A.A. Attanasio
The Jennifer Morgue - Charles Stross
Ilario: The Lion's Eye - Mary Gentle
Twelve Collections and the Teashop - Zoran Zivkovic
mpossible Stories by Zoran Zivkovic
At The Molehills of Madness by RHys Huges
Vengeance of Rome - Miichael Moorcock
The Bonehunters by Steven Erikson
Fain the Sorceror - Steve Aylett (PS release)
Fugitives of Chaos - John C. Wright (Orphans of Chaos which comes out in Novemebr was terrific)
A Shadow in Summer - Daniel Abraham
Dusk - Tim Lebbon

An thus far untiitledbook by M. John Harrison

Regarding 2005 products to still come out Adventure (edited by Chris Roberson), and A Feast for Crows by George R.R. Martin , Justina Robson's Living Next Door to The God of Love, and The Strange Adventures of Ranger Girl by Tim Pratt (I already have a lot of the stuff coming out later this year)

My Mother of an Amazon order

Delivery estimate: 28 Oct 2005 - 1 Nov 2005
1 of: A Feast for Crows (Song of Ice & Fire)
1 of: Lord of the Silver Bow (Troy S.)
1 of: Homeward Bound
1 of: Judas Unchained
1 of: Knife of Dreams (Wheel of Time S.)
1 of: At All Costs (Honor Harrington S.)
1 of: Sigmar's Heirs, A Guide to the Empire:

This will keep me going for a day or two :D

I have A Feast For Crows. This may be an Amazon mistake, as I don't think it should be out yet. But it's sitting here all red and shiny...

Smug grins and hermit-like behaviour henceforth.

Jennifer said:
I have A Feast For Crows. This may be an Amazon mistake, as I don't think it should be out yet. But it's sitting here all red and shiny...

Smug grins and hermit-like behaviour henceforth.

May Vargo Hoat chop off thy feet!;)

Back