• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Cranberries...

Daniel_Infinity

Hey, does anybody else here know about or like the Cranberries? In my basement there's this box of a lot of cd's so I just took a bunch and burned them to my itunes. So far I've fallen in love with every Cranberries track I've found! Kind've an older group, but still *shrug,* just a thought coming to mind. (Listening to them right now, actually.)

I liked the Cranberries when they first came out, the Everyone Else Is Doing It So Why Can't We? album. The second album, which contained Zombie, was good as I recall too, but it has been years since I heard anything by them.

I think the singer, Dolores O'Riordan, is doing solo work these days. Not well, either, based on her proximity to my musical radar: I haven't heard a thing.

Especially when, after checking Wikipedia, they were still going as recent as three years back. And they've never actually split.

I think The Cranberries were one of those bands with not enough sex appeal and too much musical talent to remain mainstream for long. I enjoyed their first couple albums, but haven't heard a thing since. I still have the CDs though, and I play them once in a while.

They are NOT an older group. Sheesh! :p

their first 2 albums were brilliant, but it seemed like each album after that was a little less brilliant that the one before. Still, those first 2 albums are just amazing.

I still listen to them from time to time, I added them to my itunes as well. They were pretty popular when I was in high school so they are one of my nostalgia bands I guess.

I still listen to them from time to time, I added them to my itunes as well. They were pretty popular when I was in high school so they are one of my nostalgia bands I guess.

Me too. My reunion is next week. I should bust out the Cranberries cds to get myself in the mood for it.

A reunion should be fun, I missed mine last year due to all my moving. You should break it out and your year books if you have them.

I liked the songs I heard on the radio, TV, etc. Free to Decide is a favorite, and I like Zombie too. Never really felt the urge to buy one of their actual albums though.

And I agree that the Cranberries aren't really an "older group". They're definitely not new, but let's wait a few years until we start calling them "old".

I always thought "Linger" was one of the best pop tunes of the 90s. And "Zombie" is a great tune, in spite of... no, because of one of the most inept guitar solos of all time. O'Riordon's voice gets on my nerves after a while, though.

Gabbers, I didn't expect too many people to even know about them! I must be young :(
I just assumed they were an older group because it's my dads CD 'No need to argue', lol, and he's pretty old (listens to Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin,)
Hmph, I didn't think they were doing anything in the recent years, I guess I should make better use of my 'Google' time :)

Gabbers, I didn't expect too many people to even know about them! I must be young :(
I just assumed they were an older group because it's my dads CD 'No need to argue', lol, and he's pretty old (listens to Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin,)
Hmph, I didn't think they were doing anything in the recent years, I guess I should make better use of my 'Google' time :)

Way to make us feel like an old fogey, jeez:eek::p:D

well, they're old to my daughter. i was listening to them the other day and my daughter said, "what on earth are you listening to?" (she is 8). i told her and she said, "are they old?" lol

Back