• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Creative Writing Exercise

BeerWench13

You must use all of the following words in any order for any length of response (short story, haiku, narrative, essay, novel, whatever):

1. humming
2. motivator
3. tea
4. arrogance
5. frigid
6. dying
7. frivolous

You must use all of the following words in any order for any length of response (short story, haiku, narrative, essay, novel, whatever):

Hu Mming and Mo Tivator went to see the two monks, Fr Igid and Fr Ivilous, and demanded, such was their arrogance, a cup of tea as they were dying of thirst.

As she prepared the fifth cup of tea for him that morning, she was humming to herself in an attempt to console herself as a mother would with a fretful child. She knew it was frivolous, but she rewarded herself with a few nibbles of a biscuit as she prepared the meal. It wasn't much, but it lifted her spirits a little at least. She still stung with the memory of his arrogance and superior attitude when he had spoken to her earlier that day. His behaviour towards her of late was certainly no motivator for her to play the part of dutiful wife and mother as she knew he wanted her to do. And how dare he accuse her of being frigid? How could she be a proper lover to him when she knew that someone was dying in the next room?

Good one Stewart.

I was humming my favorite tune when all of a sudden with an air of arrogance I thought to myself,"I have been a great motivator for the frigid and frivolous people of the world" and as I lay dying , I asked for my last cup of tea.

Back