• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Critic Cites Revenge of the Sith As "Generation's Greatest Work of Art

sparkchaser

Administrator and Stuntman
Staff member
via slashdot:

Art critic and University Professor of Humanities and Media Studies at the University of the Arts in Philadelphia Camille Paglia has written a book that not only claims George Lucas is the 'World's Greatest Living Artist' but also that 'Revenge of the Sith' is our generation's greatest work of art. That's right: Titian, Bernini, Monet, Picasso, Jackson Pollock and ... George Lucas. If you thought you understood art but you hated Episode III, it might be difficult to understand how her book 'Glittering Images: A Journey Through Art from Egypt to Star Wars' ends with 'Revenge of the Sith.' There is a possibility that the art world remembers this generation by examining that movie.

:rofl:

If you accept the premise that film is an art form then the argument's credible.

I disagree though that Revenge of The Sith qualifies as Lucas's magnum opus, I suggest instead The Star Wars Holiday Special.

It struck me as one of the most impressionistic blockbusters I'd ever seen, but looking back now it might have been a pirated camcorder copy.

ai1168.photobucket.com_albums_r494_MaldwynDyer_movie_bg.jpg

Back