• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

David Eddings: Elenium And Tamuli

Henriette

He is such a good writer and my favorite books is absolutly the ones that is part of the Elenium and Tamuli series.

Elenium:
1. The Diamond Throne
2. The Ruby Knight
3. The Sapphire Rose

Tamuli:
1. Domes of Fire
2. The Shining Ones
3. The Hidden City

It's about Sparhawk and his friends. You follow him through various lands and countrys, in his quest to save his Queen and the world.
It has so much magic and mystery. It's funny and qet very exicting and you can't wait to see what'll happen next.

I recommend this book to everyone who loves fantasy.

How can I put this without antagonising you? hmm...

...Reading Edding makes me want to batter myself with a shovel. The plot is ... sorry, wait, there is no plot. The worlds he creates are some of the most poorly developed I have ever had the mispleasure of reading. The characters have less indivuallity than planks of wood. The prose is poor and childish. The comedy is repetitive and seems to be aimed at ten year olds. There is not a single original idea in his books. And the series you mentioned (though they're all the same really), the climax is a maze!! A maze!?! wtf was he thinking.

Originally posted by Oponn

How can I put this without antagonising you

The prose is poor and childish.

Whoah! You wicked antagoniser ;)

Henriette is 14 yrs old. Not a child, but young enough to enjoy being childish. Give her a break - let her enjoy her books :)

Third Man Girl

Hey, come on!
I appreciate you for beeing nice, but I don't like to be called childish.

And to Oponn: I'm sorry you feel that way, because I really like the books and it's sad to know that someone can't read them for what they really are: kinda funny, and just a book series after all. I don't know about you, but I think that books don't have to be perfect. Imagine how hard that would be for the writer.
I know a lot of people who likes those books (and for your information; those people are not ten years old).
Of course, you are free to feel whatever you want about them, but you don't have to write it like that. That ruins it for everyone else.
I would be glad if you thought about that next time.

I read eddings as a teenager and enjoyed them. Although by the time I read tha Tamuli I was older and my taste in books had matured. I found the plot too transparent.

However for young adults I would recommend them.

Please read my message again, Henriette.

I said that you are NOT a child.

I also said that you are young enough to enjoy BEING childish. A thirty/forty/fifty year old can enjoy BEING childish.

Enjoy your books. Enjoy being whatever age you feel. :) :)

Third Man Girl

Originally posted by Carlos
However for young adults I would recommend them.
Not a little kid Henriette. Read what you enjoy. As I said I enjoyed them but not now.

As you get older you tastes will change, as will your perception of what is a good plot / character.

When I was younger I really enjoyed the Dragonlance books. I recenty re-read one, and didn't enjoy it, very simple plot and characters. This is only because I have read so much since I was a child.

I still read pulp and enjoy it thoroughly. Pure entertainment and relaxation. That's what I look for in a book.

Keep on posting, this site is for all with various tastes and opinions. Peoples opinions are not right or wrong, they are just opinions. If you like a book then don't be afraid to say so.

Edit: Have you read any Ramond E Feist. His books are good.

Also try George RR Martin, excellent stuff.

Oh, I'm sorry if I missunderstood you two.
And I guess you're right.
My taste will change. I have read one book of Ramond E Fiest
but I never finished it. Now that I think about it, I don't even know why I didn't. I guess I had too much to read at the time.
But I will. I remember that it was rather good.
I'm going to check George RR Martin out, too.

Thanks!

I read the Elenium series a few years ago and enjoyed it. It wasn't ground-breaking stuff, and the story was predictable, but it passed away the time.

Darren.

Though not the greatest series in the world I thoroughly enjoyed "The Elenium" and "The Tamuli" it's a good fun read must just be a matter of taste.:p

I have no trouble sitting down and reading he and his wifes works though if you ever do get around to reading any of his other series Henriette I recommend you space them far apart for all the various books and series are quite similiar except for "The Losers" and "High Hunt". I'd space a good six months or so between series otherwise you will not be able to enjoy them at all the plot and characters will just seem to similiar.;)

Back