• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

David Moody: Trust

Roxbrough

Recommended by a fellow forumite, I have bought it from Amazon and intend to start it the instant I get off the PC.

A 5 hour read, partly in the bath, so cockled pages at one point. Quite a neat slant on the end of the world scenario.
I would have prefered better English in places. I can accept colloquialisms in dialoge, but not in the narrative. e.g. 'Tom could not get his head around it' instead of Tom was non-plussed.
What I did like was that Moody made his characters so detestable that the reader was keenly rooting for the aliens, there was not a single likable person in the entire story.
I could also have done without the foul language, we all know it exists but it seems even more insluting when there in print.
So overall recommended, with reservations.

A 5 hour read, partly in the bath, so cockled pages at one point. Quite a neat slant on the end of the world scenario.
I would have preferred better English in places. I can accept colloquialisms in the dialogue, but not in the narrative. e.g. 'Tom could not get his head around it' instead of 'Tom was nonplussed'.

What I did like was that Moody made his characters so detestable that the reader was keenly rooting for the aliens. There was not a single likable person in the entire story.
I could also have done without the foul language. We all know it exists but it seems even more insulting when it is there in print.

So overall recommended, with reservations.

It's self-published so perhaps that explains a lot about the short comings of the text.

Thanks for saving me the read, not that I would have downloaded it in any case as I don't read stuff from the dark side of the force :) Moody is predominantly a horror / shock writer which I do not read under any circumstances.

It's self-published so perhaps that explains a lot about the short comings of the text.

Thanks for saving me the read, not that I would have downloaded it in any case as I don't read stuff from the dark side of the force :) Moody is predominantly a horror / shock writer which I do not read under any circumstances.
The forum served it's purpose then. I do understand why you would not pick this particular novel.

Back