• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Death -- The High Cost of Living

Omg, I know... when you sent me that link before to his official website, I was so excited and IMDBed some info and saw all the other projects he was working on with Death nowhere to be seen. It's incredibly frustrating.

I didn't start the series as early as others, I started it about 5 years ago and that's when I heard they were working on/thinking about a movie.

I just hope that they do a good casting job. ;)

Fairuza Balk (or whatever her name is) was mentioned, I think. I don't really like her, but who cares, right? I don't have a say in it.

lies said:
Fairuza Balk (or whatever her name is) was mentioned, I think. I don't really like her, but who cares, right? I don't have a say in it.
As Death?! :eek: Hmm... I don't know how I feel about that. When I was younger, I took my Mom to see "The Craft" and she left a lasting impression on my mother (my mother thinks she's totally creepy). Fairuza Balk is too scary to be Death (ha ha!). I think of her as a psycho or a neo-nazi.

Yeah, I haven't seen any of Gaiman's work on television or the movies. (Did you guys see the Neverwhere series? Did he have anything to do with that directly?)

Zolipara said:
As long as Gaiman remains in control of the project i think it will be a good movie.
That could be true... but that is, if he's better at that stuff than Stephen King. 'Coz sometimes King is thoroughly involved in the movie projects and they still end up pretty terrible. ;)

Libra6Poe said:
That could be true... but that is, if he's better at that stuff than Stephen King. 'Coz sometimes King is thoroughly involved in the movie projects and they still end up pretty terrible. ;)

Well in all honesty i must say that what King starts out with isnt always that great. So if you start out with a book thats not exactly amazing the movie isnt always that good either. And it seems they make a movie out of pretty much anything he churns out.

I dont know if Gaiman is an amazing director but as writer/director of the movie i think it will at least stay true to the comics. Not like so many others where the end product seems more loosely based on the original script in order to fit it into the standard hollywood formula.

Zolipara said:
Well in all honesty i must say that what King starts out with isnt always that great. So if you start out with a book thats not exactly amazing the movie isnt always that good either.

I understand what you're saying: if the book is bad, expect a bad movie
But that's not always the case with King. Because The Stand was an amazing book, it was just a horrible movie even though he took part in the making of the film.

Back