• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

depecHe MODE

turque

I am a huge fan of this band, I would love to hear your oppinion on this and especially on their new album "Playing the Angel".
I think Playing the Angel is one of the best album since Violator (in 1990), who else listen to them?

I was a fan until Exciter. I tolerated Ultra. It was kind of ok. Got no real interest in hearing the new one though. Exciter just killed any interest I had in them.

I can remember the girls at my school dancing round thier handbags and singing along to 'Master & Servant'. We never had the heart to tell them what it was about...

My favourite Depeche Mode album is Songs of Faith and Devotion. Nobody else, as far as I know, seemed to like it but I thought it was an excellent album and a nice departure from Violator. A few songs off Ultra, I liked, but not the whole thing. I've not bought the new album yet.

Wilder is responsible for the sound of SOFAD. Check out his album "Liquid" under the name Recoil for some interesting work with various spoken-word artists.

http://www.recoil.co.uk/

There's been no activity on this site for some time, so I have no idea what he's up to now.

the new album is okay, even for me and i'm not a fan... i hear them sometimes but mostly i go around it...

sirmyk said:
My current avatar resembles the album cover of Violator.

Hehe... I can see that! ;-)

@CDA: Sorry to hear that Exciter changed you perspective about depeche mode... nothing and no album could change mine! :D

@Kenny Shovel: LOOOOOOL Great stuff! Maybe they thought it's about royalty and stuff! :D

@honeydevil: What is your favorite song on it? (I just can't get enough of Lillian, The darkest star and John the revelator

@Stewart: SOFAD is one of my favorite albums of theirs, if I try and make a top 5 it would be like this:

1. Violator
2. Ultra
3. Music for the masses
4. Some great reward
5. Songs of Faith and Devotion

I only have the Exciter album, but I've heard a few other songs apart from those on that CD, although I cannot remember the titles at the moment. Can you recommend anything for me to look into?

Fantasy Moon said:
I only have the Exciter album, but I've heard a few other songs apart from those on that CD, although I cannot remember the titles at the moment. Can you recommend anything for me to look into?

I recommend you the albums mentioned before, in that order and the best concert ever: 101 (1989) on double CD, DVD or cassette!
Ah, One Night in Paris/b] is also a great concert, available on DVD also!
Enjoy! You will love them, you'll see! Exciter is not that great, so you cannot make a good DM impression just listening to that album! Maybe Ultra is more like their original (as always) sound!

Fantasy Moon said:

ANYTHING BUT the Exciter album!!! :eek::D:D

Ok, I'll get my hands on those you've mentioned. I actually like the Exciter CD though... ^^;; I heard them perform "I Feel Loved" on Jay Leno and I had to have it.

Back