• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Did you ever throw a book across the room?

Violanthe

Or want to? Was there ever a book that had a devastating plot twist? An infuriating storyline? A deviously shocking moment that it made you want to throw it across the room?

That's happened a few times. For example, poetry is a compressed form of writing, and the reading experience can be intense. I read--or started--some anthologies of political poetry, and ended up throwing them across the room, yelling "What bullshit," etc.

Another example is the fourth Harry Potter book, which I threw across the room the moment that
the big red herring about Mad Eye was revealed. How the hell were we supposed to foresee that?
Unfortunately, it was a rather big book. I shouldn't have thrown it. :eek:

CDA said:
No. But I did want to urinate on Martin Amis's Yellow Dog.

LOL-primal urges are quite frequent when you have a work that just drives you nuts.

The pause I have to take to check if the offending book in hand is mine or a library book, usually helps me regain control over the urge to pitch the thing across the room. However, even a stupid library book can tolerate being rudely tossed into the closet...Besides, I take out my ire by stomping down the hallway to my room to reach the closet...the principle is similar to counting to ten before playing basketball with an offensive person's head;)

My wife threw our copy of Gone With The Wind across the room when she had finished it, yet I suspect that is still rank among her all time favorites (something she would never openly admit to :) )

I have never thrown a book across the room. I don't really feel angry with a book that has let me down, just disappointment that I could have spent my wasted time on something else.

^Is that the one touted as being the next DaVinci Code? :confused:

I haven't thrown any across the room, but I've made snide, sarcastic comments to a lot. :D

angerball said:
^Is that the one touted as being the next DaVinci Code? :confused:
I believe that it is meant to be The Da Vinci Code for people who can think. Unless I'm mixing it up with Foucault's Pendulum

MonkeyCatcher said:
I believe that it is meant to be The Da Vinci Code for people who can think. Unless I'm mixing it up with Foucault's Pendulum
I think you're confusing it with Eco, MC.

*Waits with glee to see Stewart's response* :D

Kookamoor said:
I think you're confusing it with Eco, MC.

*Waits with glee to see Stewart's response* :D

Um, should we stand a little further back? I mean, he's not one of those guys who spits when he's mad is he? ;)

*hurrying off to get the popcorn while waiting with glee to see Stewart's response*

Stewart said:
The Rule of Four, 100% Shit! :mad:

Oh Stewart.....I bought that one myself and attempted to read it, I didn't get past page fifty. It sounded like the diary of a Princeton senior than anything else-very annoying. I could care less about the big research paper they write when they are seniors..boo-hoo. :rolleyes:

abecedarian said:
ah, I was waiting for you to mention that other conspiracy crap in a book jacket..something about a code, I think it was..:rolleyes:

I never heard of it....what is it again?..........:p

Back