• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Disturbing Films

In My Skin was a good one, if I'm not mistaken, the lead was also the writer/director.

Also check out and scare away all your friends with:
Irreversible
In a Glass Cage
Salo ~ The 120 Days of Sodom
Cannibal Holocaust
Men Behind the Sun

Let's see, yeah, Cannibal Holocaust is definitely on the list. Others: ...

Nekromantik
Week-End
Tetsuo Iron Man
The Isle
Welcome To The Dollhouse
Imprint
Funny Games

I've seen Irreversible and Oldboy and they're also on the top of my list.
There's others that I'll post once I remember their names...

THE EXPERIMENT had some moments that were a bit rough. The movie was based on the Stanford Prison Experiment, which now I think of it I am going to look for books on it. I don't think I even knew 120 of sodom was a movie.

Bully

Let's see, yeah, Cannibal Holocaust is definitely on the list. Others: ...

Nekromantik
Week-End
Tetsuo Iron Man
The Isle
Welcome To The Dollhouse
Imprint
Funny Games

I love that you put Welcome to the Dollhouse on here. That made me think more outside the horror box. I've seen that, Imprint, & Funny Games (U.S.). But what I find the most disturbing, which I will never try to watch again is:

Bully.
I've never been able to watch a Nick Stahl film/show since then.

i love horror movies but i havent heard of any of these haha... i guess ive only heard or seen some mainstream ones..

OH! speaking of- has anyone seen "midnight meat train"?

i love horror movies but i havent heard of any of these haha... i guess ive only heard or seen some mainstream ones..

OH! speaking of- has anyone seen "midnight meat train"?
Ive seen it, its ok I thought. But the story from books of blood was much better and more straight forward. And the killer in the movie wasn't how the killer in the book was portrayed at all. But I still liked the movie.

i had no idea it was based on a book .. lol.. i should know that shouldnt i? uhg...

if u have bullet tooth tony as a killer tho, u gotta have him be bullet tooth tony! haha jk jk

i thought it was stupid at first but the gorier it got, the better it was... whos the author? is it a collective short story book? ill have to check it out at work tomorrow

Midnight Meat Train

i had no idea it was based on a book .. lol.. i should know that shouldnt i? uhg...
It's a short story by Clive Barker (of Hellraiser fame).
The story was great. I've been dying to watch the movie, I totally missed it when it was in theatres (but it was only in select ones for a very limited time). I'll have to rent it sometime.

Lenny, you got it on BD, right?

Yes its Clive Barker, but the book is called Books of Blood VOL 1(collection of short horror stories). It goes up to 6 volumes, but you can buy the first 3 in a one book. Also books of blood was made into a movie itself, but i haven't seen it yet.
and midnight meat train is on btjunkie.org

YouTube - Book of Blood trailer

Ha, that's where I discovered it too. Extremely creepy story; still goes through my mind every time I get on the metro after midnight. The movie was so-so, I thought; not bad, but not nearly as viscerally unsettling as the story.
Yay! You're the only other person I know who's familiar with that anthology.
I loved Roberta Lannes' Goodbye, Dark Love. I found that so haunting.
---
To stay on topic, I also found Requiem for a Dream disturbing. I won't ever watch that again. It was amazing and tragic and sad and well directed, but I never want to see it again.

It's a short story by Clive Barker (of Hellraiser fame).
The story was great. I've been dying to watch the movie, I totally missed it when it was in theatres (but it was only in select ones for a very limited time). I'll have to rent it sometime.

Lenny, you got it on BD, right?
Yeah, I think it's the best Barker adaptation since Nightbreed. Lotsa cgi and regular gore. And I like Vinnie Jones as Mahogany.

To stay on topic, I also found Requiem for a Dream disturbing. I won't ever watch that again. It was amazing and tragic and sad and well directed, but I never want to see it again.

oh man! extremely disturbing... but the movie is way worse than the book when it comes to the disturbing factors... i was expecting a similar experience when i read the book as when i saw the movie but it is written like a dream.. no punctuation and just a continuous flow of story ... which adds a great appeal to it and all but it still didnt touch me the way the movie did.. .plus i love jared leto and jennifer connely ^_^

Back