• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Do people judge you?

Well, I saw it was about the devil and alchemy and it entranced me. I never read Faust II either. I never even tried, to be honest. I will say that the Christian school which I was attending did not like my choosing Faust for a book report. However, I did get an A+ on the report.

Congrats on the A+. Has your teacher read Faust? Puzzling that a Christian school would have reservations about Faust - unless they haven't read the book, of course.

Speaking of the devil: may I suggest Dante's Inferno or Jeremy Leven's Satan?

Yes, I do. I tend to automatically assume that anyone reading a Dan Brown novel is a brain-dead retard. Sorry, couldn't help myself.....

The Doogster

well, i always find it useful to know exactly why the country is slowly going insane over a mystery novel...I read it to answer that question.

Given its reviews, I just watched the movie when it hit HBO. I did like the movie and it did prompt quite a few good discussions, so it isn't a complete waste of literature.

Back