• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Do you have a tattoo...

-Carlos-

...or are thinking of getting one? Also, why do tattoos have such a bad reputation? People either love them or hate them. Why?

051222_5585DBBE-36D1-E29A-824EBA7515C56BAF_left-sleeve-tattoo.jpg

Ronny, thats a beautiful tattoo.

Aquablue, your's is beautiful but a little bit scary as well.

I don't have a tattoo, but am thinking about it. The permanency of it worries me.

This is going to sound really dumb, but does the colour fade at all? or are your tattoos the same as when you got them?

Yes, your colors can fade, especially if you tan in that area. The tattoo artist that did mine does free touch ups though. You do want to really think over what you get my current tat is a cover up of an impulsive and later regretted tat.

Yes, I do....and if I could ever figure out how to post it here...I would

*shaking head*

I don't have a tattoo and have never really considered getting one. It seems like one of those irrevokable decisions (although a minor one) that I would later regret. Does it hurt to get one?

on my back shoulder...yes, it kinda hurt....but after awhile your pretty numb to the pain; i have a pic, but don't know how to post.........?

Sofia said:
on my back shoulder...yes, it kinda hurt....but after awhile your pretty numb to the pain; i have a pic, but don't know how to post.........?

Why not through the usual way Sofia, or is it not digital?

muggle said:
Poppy1, you don't happen to have the PM I sent you ages ago, do you. :)

No, damn, Muggle I deleted it because I wrote it down and found it easier to follow off a piece of paper than having to refer back to the pm.

Here it is Sofia, very kindly originally supplied by muggle and works a treat.

Access site:
http://tinypic.com

Click on browse

Select image from your files/folders

Click open

Click on "host image"

After image shows, copy the URL where it says IMG

Paste the IMG URL in your post on BAR and submit message.

I don't have one and I don't think that I will ever get one - I just don't like the fact that they are practically irreversible, and they can look ugly if overdone. I think that if I ever did get one, I would get Chinese characters on my hip.

I don't get why people who don't speak Chinese have Chinese characters tattooed on their bodies, frankly. I mean, how do you know it doesn't simply say "Fried pork in sweet and sour sauce"?

Simply by asking for something other than "Fried pork in sweet and sour sauce". Not too hard.

I like the idea because it is exotic, and because I am extremely interested in China and its history. I would also get a tattoo in Arabic - the characters just look so interesting to me. I would definitely want to get some word tattooed, and having it in English is just so blah. Other languages interest me, but I guess you don't share that passion.

Back