• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Does anyone know the name of this book?

ZMan1516

Ok, I can't remember the title of a book that I wanted to read a long time ago. I think the author is Russian and the book is about a cat who holds a gun (at least this was the illustration on the front cover). I hear that it is very good, but I can't remember the title for the life of me!

Hi ZMan1516,

Something went off in my head, and I went to my bookshelf and ta-da! The book you're after is The Master and Margarita by Mikhail Bulgakov. I haven't read it (it's on my list of to-reads, with a squillion others). The summary on the first page says 'The devil makes a personal appearance in Moscow; his retinue includes two demons, a naked girl and a huge black cat which talks, walks upright, smokes cigars and is a dead shot with a Mauser automatic'.

Cat shoots a mauser, yes! Very well-spotted Jessica (I'm a bit slow). Prolixic, it seems to be a mixture of things, in a satirical mode.

Back