• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Does Divergent by Veronica get better?

hungergames1989

SPOILERS

I bought Divergent yesterday expecting something of similar quality to The Hunger Games since the Amazon reviews often compare them... but whereas THG hooked me from the first chapter, I'm still having trouble getting into Divergent even though I'm at like the 10th chapter now, around page 105 or so.... I cannot help but compare Tris to Katniss though. They seem so similar but Tris is no where near as interesting.

I find the idea of what the Dauntless have to do for their examinations pretty dumb actually. Its just... why so ruthless? Maybe the idea is to take each of the qualities that each faction represents and show them to us at their most extreme, but it just gets to be a little too much. A whole society devoted to doing deeds like holding doors open for others, or letting other people in front of then in line? The erudite makes sense, but the abnegation? Not so much... Candor is a little weird...

or the fact that a Divergent has multiple qualities... I mean, isn't that just normal humanity? I'd be a divergent... We're all divergents if that's the case.

Anyway, I paid damn good money for both Divergent and Insurgent, so I'll try to at least finish Divergent... maybe I'll end up loving..

Back