• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Does this even exist?

Ruzi

I'm pretty sure most of you have heard of The Princess Bride, the movie or the book, anyway. About a year ago I picked up a copy of the book at barnes and nobles, read it, put it on the shelf, after a while I came back and read it again. It "includes the first chapter of the long lost sequal, Buttercup's Baby".
Now, I loved the book, but try as I might, other than that sample chapter, haven't been able to find a thing about the second book. Does it even exist? If it does, I haven't seen a thing on google or amazon. If not then, ah well. No harm in asking.

As far as I know that was just the teaser included with the 25th anniversary edition of the book. The sequel is still in the works so as yet it is unpublished and no news has been released that I know of since that edition.

I've already sent off for the reunion scene, got it a while back. I was just wondering as to the sequal..Anyway, thank for the information guys.

ah, sorry - thought that thread covered the sequel too - that I am not so hopeful with. It would be fantastic to see it come out, as the first book is fantastic. However, I feel it may just be a little con, same as some of the aspects surrounding the first novel. Do you have the version where Goldman states Stephen King is going to write parts of it?

Mxx

I think it was all just advertising - im fairly sure the guys work is made-up anyway, so mebbe he was planning to write a sequel at some point but never did (currently he's too busy adapting Stephen King books into movies!!).

Phil

PS: Murphyz, i am always more than my usual helpful self ;)

Back