• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Don't Let's Go to the Dogs Tonight by A. Fuller

Ronny

Don't Let's Go to the Dogs Tonight, An African Childhood by Alexandra Fuller, it is hard for me to decide if I liked it or why. There was much about the book that I did not like, it seemed fragmented and it would skip around in a confusing manner. There's many things that get mentioned that I wanted to know more about but that didn't get anymore descriptions. All that aside, I couldn't put the book down and I didn't put it in my give away pile yet.

There were many amusing stories of her childhood in Africa and there was something in the way she told them that I liked very much. The book had many photos too and I found they added to my enjoying the stories. It was much like having a neighbor that showed you pics and told you stories of their life. You never get a lot of explaination or background just her experiences.

I've just bought this half an hour ago! I'd never even heard of it before, and didn't mean to but I was in a Virgin queue and it was located on a tiny shelf containing about a dozen titles, and I couldn't resist picking it up. I read the first page, and decided to buy it.

The photos were a selling point for me, too. Plus, I am ashamed to admit, the blurbs on the back caught my eye.

Well I hope you like it, I did, even though it had some downfalls. I found it rather amusing.

Thanks Ronny. I probably won't start it for a while yet, but I'll come back and mention it when I eventually do. :)

Back