• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

E-book reader,your budget?

linlin

Hi,guys, recently, I put the E-book reader into my shopping list. I want to know how much budget do you spend on the E-book reader ? Will you put brand factors in your consideration? Or anything else?
Now, I make a comparison between these two products.
Sony Digital Reader Touch Edition(PRS600BC)
Price is $156.98
Technical Details
6" display with touch screen navigation
Holds up to 350 books
Wide variety of content available
New Oxford American Dictionary, Second Edition Built in
Memory Stick PRO DuoTM and SD media10 compatible
More details: Amazon.com: Sony Digital Reader Touch Edition - Black (PRS600BC): Electronics

Sibrary G5 E-book Reader
Price is $169.80 and free shipping.
Technical Details
5 inch E-ink Screen
Wide variety of content available
Samsung 2416 400 MHZ
Standby Time: No Less than 15 Days
More details:Sibrary G5 E-book Reader _E-reader/Tablet Personal Computer_wholesale book, wholesale dvd, bookstore online

If I buy one between these two, which should I buy?

Sony ties you down to their proprietary memory format which is something I have always hated about Sony, so for that reason I would not get a Sony.

Just out of curiosity: why not a Kindle? The DRM? It can't be price. For $20 more you can get a Kindle with 3G and WiFi or for $20 less than the Sony you can get the regular Kindle. Free shipping on both.

Kindle Wireless Reading Device, Wi-Fi, 6" Display, Graphite - Latest Generation $139

I've stuck the Kindle on my birthday list. If the birthday fairy doesn't bring one then I'll probably get it myself. I buy all my books from Amazon anyway, so it makes sense for me to stick with them. Plus I like the idea of free wiki access so I can cheat in pub quizzes. NO! I mean, erm, so I can fact check when I'm out and about and be more brain smart and all that. And after watching my friend trying to use her phone to find the pattern she'd forgotten to bring with her, being able to drag my pdfs about with me seems like a pretty good idea too.

I've stuck the Kindle on my birthday list. If the birthday fairy doesn't bring one then I'll probably get it myself. I buy all my books from Amazon anyway, so it makes sense for me to stick with them. Plus I like the idea of free wiki access so I can cheat in pub quizzes. NO! I mean, erm, so I can fact check when I'm out and about and be more brain smart and all that. And after watching my friend trying to use her phone to find the pattern she'd forgotten to bring with her, being able to drag my pdfs about with me seems like a pretty good idea too.

Litany, that touches upon a great use of an eReader: your entire reference library at your fingertips.

I'd love to be able to have my top 20 reference books with me at all times because I never know when I will find something I might want to add to my collections.

Of the two, I'd go with the Sony; it doesn't say whether the other one supports DRM, and you definitely want that.

Litany, that touches upon a great use of an eReader: your entire reference library at your fingertips.

I'd love to be able to have my top 20 reference books with me at all times because I never know when I will find something I might want to add to my collections.

I end up dragging quite a lot of loose printed A4 sheets about with me, and they get lost, ripped, replaced, plus I never know quite what I'm going to need or want at any given time so I drag more about with me than I need, or I don't bring one really important thing with me. And it'll let me get organised too. Currently I have some stuff printed and stashed in box files, some in folders on one computer, some on another computer, some bookmarked and some held in my Ravelry library. It's my fault for having too many hobbies and not enough organisational ability. The Kindle is the right size to be small enough to cart about with me but with a large enough screen to still be useful.

And I'll often be out and spot something in a shop that would be perfect for a project I have planned, but I won't be able to remember what size or quantity I need. It should turn out to be a very handy thing for me to own.

Just out of curiosity: why not a Kindle? The DRM? It can't be price. For $20 more you can get a Kindle with 3G and WiFi or for $20 less than the Sony you can get the regular Kindle. Free shipping on both.

Thanks for your suggestion.My friend say the kindle is not good.heat dissipation is not good.It is always so entanglements
to buy electronic products.

And I'll often be out and spot something in a shop that would be perfect for a project I have planned, but I won't be able to remember what size or quantity I need. It should turn out to be a very handy thing for me to own.

Despite it looks more comfortable with the big screen,but I still choose the smaller one.It's easy and handy to carry wherever one goes.

Thanks for your suggestion.My friend say the kindle is not good.heat dissipation is not good.It is always so entanglements
to buy electronic products.

You hold it with tongs and the heat travels through them and up through your head into a specially designed heat dissipating tiara PATENT PENDING that I will soon be selling through Etsy. I'm going to make them using some welding equipment I stole and decorate the whole thing in illicit LEDs.

You hold it with tongs and the heat travels through them and up through your head into a specially designed heat dissipating tiara PATENT PENDING that I will soon be selling through Etsy. I'm going to make them using some welding equipment I stole and decorate the whole thing in illicit LEDs.

I can't understand. you mean you will sell the heat dissipation for the E-reader? What that was? I just have seen the heat dissipation for laptop.

I can't understand. you mean you will sell the heat dissipation for the E-reader? What that was? I just have seen the heat dissipation for laptop.

She was making a joke. No man in his right mind would wear a tiara.

I might buy a kindle this Christmas, I have some hope the price will go down by that time, I hope it will be around 99 euro.

I think it's possible, it's at £109 for the wi-fi version now though already (in UK).

Back