• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

eBook

NSUSA

I am planning onpublishing a book as an eBook.

What is the best way to do this technology wise? I mean - I can create PDFs but what do I need to know about copy protection? I don't want (if possible) users give copies of my book to everyone.

Christoph

Send the work to yourself in an e-mail (not an attachment, the e-mail itself, which may mean as a text document. Copy and paste it to the e-mail) and immediately save it to a CD-R. that has four separate points where time is established, and is accepted in court.
I would also suggest Lulu ( http://www.lulu.com ) as a publisher. It's free, and you learn a heck of a lot about the process, and the authors' forum there will answer any of your questions,

Do you necessarily want to selfpublish? There are dozens of small publishers who produce ebooks. Some charge you, some don't. Personally I would never pay to have a book published. The money should always flow TO the author, not away from the author.

Sort of unrelated, but this is mostly to Jenna, as you seem so familiar with the ebook world. Are all genres fairly well represented in the ebook world or are some more prevalent than others?

Well, most small houses do a variety of genres - even some that have long thought to have been forgotten - westerns, gothic, cozies, things like that. There are lots and lots of paranormal - vampires, werewolves, shapechangers - and lots of romantica and romance. By far the best selling seems to be erotica, simply because NY does not fill the needs for readers. I would say second are the paranormals and then the romance genre.

Back