• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Economist or Guardian Weekly?

nomadic myth

Daily papers overwhelm me, and monthlies leave me hanging. I need a good weekly. I find Time and Newsweek boring and light. I'd like to get MacLean's, since I'm Canadian, but I find it boring too.

I can't just go to the newsstand and sample as I'm in Korea, and English mags are sparse.

I've read an issue of the Economist, and I like it. I'm also thinking about the Guardian Weekly on recommendation, but I haven't read it before. I'm leaning towards the Economist as I like the magazine format. Anything similar would be good too. I want something international and in depth. CNN is boring me stiff.

I absolutley love The Economist. What makes it great in my opinion, is not just how it covers current politics and economic matters, but it documents and attempts to predict future trends regarding those areas. I haven't read the other magazine you mentioned, though the U.K. Guardian online is a good source to enjoy online.:)

I decided on the Economist. The issue I read wowed me, and the ordering and delivery process for overseas customers seems easier than that for the Guardian Weekly. I need it in paper form as eating breakfast is boring without some reading material, and I don't have a notebook computer.

I really found the Economist to be FULL of intelligent content, and their mission statement is wonderful.

Another vote for The Economist. I stopped my subscription because I had too many other things I wanted to read and I couldn't keep up with it. The editorials are good and I like the sections in the back like the science, arts and obituaries. This latter section is honest and uncompromising but also respectful. The paper has a resolute laissez-faire philosophy that I didn't always agree with but it wouldn't be that interesting to read if I did.

Back