• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Edgar Rice Burroughs' Tarzan

Mandi-chan

Who else has read these books, or at least the first one?

I personally loved the first two books, thought they were captivating and well written.

However, I do feel they should have ended with the second novel instead of expanding onward.

I finished the third book, and was very very disappointed with it. It felt very repeditive and dragged out, I had a hard time getting through it and skimmed through most of it after a while just to get to the end and get it over with.

I do have the fourth book (I bought the first 4 because they all seemed cannon, and the books following them all sounded like random stories featuring the title character)...but don't know if I really want to put myself through it.

To those who have read them, what are your opinions of it?

I have read everyone of them twice, at least. If you drop them you are going to miss the rest of a fantastic series and one of the main reasons I took on writing myself. Edgar Rice Burroughs is a special writer, I cant remember whether the Jewels of Opar is the fourth one, I think it is. You can skip Jungle Tales of Tarzan, but none of the others. Hell they are all good. After you finish them you should as well finish the pellucidar series that you should go into in Tarzan the Untamed I believe. The Golden Lion I think is one of my favorites.

Back