• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Eric Garcia: The Repossession Mambo

Roxbrough

Read in just two days, this book is an absolute delight. Very sardonic and amusing if you like your humour black. Do not watch the film and think you have the book covered as, the film is good; but the novel is so much better, with far better and more rounded characters and a very different ending. I read that Garcia did the screenplay and was quite surprised as the two are very different in tone. While the book gets past the grissly sections with humour, the film is more a gore fest.
If you forget the humour and horror aspects the novel is a super Sci-Fi story too.
Recommended without reservation

hmmm yes ... I'm not opposed to a bit of dark humour, but it has to be very good, very clever, and definitely funny.

I'm not convinced I'm afraid. The movie is The Repo Men, which is, as you say, gory in the extreme. Not my cup of tea at all. He was also responsible for the screenplay and while that is just the frame on which the director hangs his vision, I'm not convinced the book is going to be stunningly different.

You mean you do not like those you have seen.
It would not be logical to dislike something you have no experience of.

You cannot say it would 'every' time.
Until you had seen the film.
It is not logical to say, 'I do not like that book', when you have not read it.
The same point of view is logical in all mediums.
You cannot say a film is bad if you have not seen it.
Nor can you say digital is better than analogue if you have not exhaustively tested both.
Anyone can have an opinion, but without empiricle research it is neither logical nor worth stating.

so even though I don't take drugs, eat food that disagrees with or read books , or watch movies that disturb my spirit I should? I don't to test everything.

No, of course you should not. However, of those things you avoid, you are not qualified to have an opinion on.
If horror films upset you, then fine, avoid them, but do not say you do not like a certain film if you have not seen it, because that is not logical.
Sometimes we have to say we just don't know.

Back