• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Exodus by Julie Bertagna

Halo

I've just finished this book and thought it was absolutely amazing. It's set 100 years into the future when global warming has advanced, the ice caps have melted and most of the earth is under water. It's about a girl called Mara who lives on a tiny island which is gradually being drowned. Using "The Weave", which is old technology like the internet, Mara discovers that huge New World cities have been built high above the water. As the water rises ever higher, Mara convinces the islanders that they must set out and try to find these New Cities - however, once they have located one, this is where their problems really begin.

This is a really powerful book. It's written in the present tense which seemed strange at first, but once I got used to it this made the story seem more immediate and tense. Mara is a strong central character, and the imagination of the author is truly amazing. I honestly could not put this book down, it was so engrossing. Has anyone else read it? :)

Back