• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

F2K Social - Free Online Creative Writing Course

direstraits

For those of you who are interested, F2K Social is accepting new registrants for their upcoming course starting 25 Jan.

F2K is a free online creative writing course sponsored by Writers' Village University and staffed by volunteer Mentors.

The course includes seven one-week fiction writing lessons and is designed for beginning writers; however, intermediate and advanced writers are encouraged to take the course as a refresher or to socialize with and encourage beginning writers. Thousands of writers have discovered that F2K is a great way to break writers block.

To register or more info go here: http://www.writersvillage.com/free/

Ok, so did anyone from here participate? I just wrote up my first assignment, and am now awaiting feedback. The assignment itself wasn't hard (this time), but the constant feedback to strangers on their work is strange, considering that I'm not a very strong writer myself.

Seeing how others encourage each other is nice, though. Although it feels a little... forced. :)

Anyhoo, this is my first attempt at something like this, so I'm looking forward to seeing what feedback I get.

Polly, we're talking about the free online writing course over at Writers Village University, specifically F2K Social Writing Course. Was kinda hoping others would have joined, as it's turning out to be kinda fun.

Heck, if it's free and there's another one, I may check it out. Is it online or in person? Can't look at link right now because the battery is dying on my laptop. :p

It's online. I've just posted the second assignment, and boy the difficulty quotient just went up a notch. I've never written from such a conscious perspective before, and I find that it turns on a perspective on the way I read a little (in a good way).

One thing that's interesting but slightly arduous is the fact that they require you to always give feedback to the pieces you read. This is really awesome in concept in that people to whom you commented would reciprocate, and thus you get the hopefully honest feedback to your work that you need to grow.

However you get a breadth of stories of wildly varying quality, and I think you have to suspend some level of self-grandiosity to participate. It may be that writing is the sole exercise where you consistently think you're great while others suck.

I find a number of participants like supernatural romance. Falling down, splitting their lips open and liking the taste, etc. Also lots of genre people. Having said that though, the last lesson forced us to read a James Joyce short story (A Little Cloud), which was poignant and connected with me, plus there are a couple of really good writers on board.

I'm sticking around to see if they suck in the second assignment! :)

For those of you who are interested, F2K Social is accepting new registrants for their upcoming course starting 25 Jan.

To register or more info go here: F2K Social - Free Creative Writing Course

Hey - This looks interesting and of course, I'm a day late and a dollar short to sign up - do you know if they will be running it again? I looke over the site but couldn't find any information on another date for this course.

F2K January Session

Registration for the F2K Course is now closed! The new session has begun! The "F2K Course" tab is where you will find the Classrooms link. Check your email for your activation email, if you haven't already. :)

Same here. I snooze, I lose. :D

Heads-up, folks!

For those of you who would like to have some fun participating on a free writing course, please head on over to F2K Social - Home to join now. The course is now open for enrolment. As you know, I've taken this course already, and it's pretty fun.

Thanks!

Edited:

Baha, almost the first thing it says on the page is: Work

This is misleading. We've always try to have fun when we work.

Umm...

Back