• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Fantasy Books ?

direstraits said:
pwilson... nice to hear from you man! How's your little one?

Re Fionavar... well, my feelings are a bit mixed - I liked certain things, and I disliked certain things. I'll post my feelings on The Summer Tree on the Fionavar thread.

ds
Hey ds! He's doing great. Thanks so much for asking! Every day as a dad is more fun than the last. :)

Sorry to hear about the mixed feelings (is that a first for you with GGK?) I'll keep an eye on the Fionavar thread for more details.

The Best Fantasy Books To Read

The first fantasy book you must read, it is a sin not to read it, would be Magician by Raymond E. Feist, then read the rest of his books (the conclave of shadows isn't that good). Next, I recommend Margaret Weis And Tracy Hickman, the creators of Dragonlance, read the Dragonlance Legends, The Dragonlance Chronicles and The Dragonlance Tales. The Black Magician trilogy by Trudi Canavan and The Shadowleague trilogy by Maggie Furey are excellent books for someone who is new to the genre. Hugh Cook writes in a strange style and his books are a bit odd, but it is good fantasy. The Belgaraid books by David Eddings are an enjoable read. All of these are excellent books in my opinion, but be sure to read the genius works of the master of Epic Fantasy; Raymond E. Feist.

i myself like the robert jordan series overall even though there is a serious drop off in entertainment value from about the middle of the series toward the end, most recent book excluded.

tad williams's memory sorrow thorn is pretty good

raymond feist has a few good ones

but so far i havent read anything that comes close to touching george rr martin's a song of ice and fire series: a game of thrones, a clash of kings, a storm of swords, a feast for crows, and more titles to come. i think even if you decide to start on other authors, you definitely need to check these out if you're looking at the fantasy genre

Back