• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Favorite Middle Earth Race

Rafael

Hi i was just wondering what are you eveybodys favorite race and why?
a. Hobbits
b. Elves
c. Dwarfs
d.Humans ( and Wizards)
e. Ents
f. Orcs
g. Dragons

For example my favorite race would have to be the Dwarfs. I think they are thought and courageous and are the best when it comes to metal artwork.

None of them particularly stand out. I thought the Valar were pretty cool, but some Tolkein geek will doubtless point out that they're not really of Middle-Earth :rolleyes:

Oponn said:
None of them particularly stand out. I thought the Valar were pretty cool, but some Tolkein geek will doubtless point out that they're not really of Middle-Earth :rolleyes:

Correct me if im wrong the Valar are the spirits of middle earth, or are they another kind of race of elves, its been along time since i read silmarillion.long time.lol

The elves are my favorite. I admire their attitude toward time. Of course, it's easy to be all zen when you're all but immortal.

Thea said:
The ents. :D

YAAAY!!!... the ent's are by far the best thing in the trilogy... although... i think Tom Bombadil is the best character... but i'm not sure what his race would be... i don't think they ever tell you

I want to say the Ents, but I have to go with the Elves. Immortality, and a nifty wardrobe to boot :D

no pun intended

Litany said:
Orcs. They like to smash stuff.

emm, does a woman orc have better looking? :p i guess you are too pretty to be an orc.

I would go with the elf.

a siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiily question, what is this ent thing? :confused:

watercrystal said:
i guess you are too pretty to be an orc.
True. True. Sometimes it can be a terrible burden to be so beautiful. :D

The Ents were the giant tree people.

Litany said:
True. True. Sometimes it can be a terrible burden to be so beautiful. :D

:D you supermonkey. right? Wanna some fresh banana? ;)

On second thought, i choose the dragons, because elfs are really boring.

defiant_whisper said:
YAAAY!!!... the ent's are by far the best thing in the trilogy... although... i think Tom Bombadil is the best character... but i'm not sure what his race would be... i don't think they ever tell you

Tom Bombadil is a Maia, like Sauron, the Balrogs and the Istari (Gandalf, Saruman, Radagast and co.) He is in some ways the greatest of the Maiar, and his wife is in fact the daughter of a Vala (Nienor I think - a while since I read the Silmarillion too!)

mr_michel said:
man, the valars are not really from middle earth

That's valar you buffoon - the singular is vala ;)

Rafael: The valar are, by the way, the gods of Middle-Earth who live in Valinor (which is where the elves sail to at the end of the Third Age.)

Not really conversant with everything middle earth. I would go with the race that Gandalf belongs to. Wizards are pretty kewl :D

Back