• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

February 2014: Romance: Maria V. Snyder: Poison Study

I guess that fantasy is just not a large enough part of my reading for me to know what to expect.

I guess that fantasy is just not a large enough part of my reading for me to know what to expect.

Awwwww :( fantasy she is goooood (what's with the movie quotes in the last few days LOL) (and no-one is playing along) (This one is worth 5 points as it is less obscure than the other one).

Whaaa? I'm not in that game either. :confused:

LOL I have been scattering movie quotes like rice at a wedding in my posts recently and offering points to any one who gets the quote.

The one preceding this was 'you can't weigh it, measure it, smoke it' for ten points as it is a little obscure. (There was man with a fax machine in his mini-fridge involved who wore a tie-dyed T-shirt)

I know that one to just did'nt know there were points for mentioning them! :p that quote is from the medallion.

LOL I have been scattering movie quotes like rice at a wedding in my posts recently and offering points to any one who gets the quote.

The one preceding this was 'you can't weigh it, measure it, smoke it' for ten points as it is a little obscure. (There was man with a fax machine in his mini-fridge involved who wore a tie-dyed T-shirt)
Aha! I thought we were having an atmospheric disturbance. ("Frequency" I think)

Aha! I thought we were having an atmospheric disturbance. ("Frequency" I think)

Sorry no - The Medallion - Jackie Chan, Claire Forlani and Lee Evans.

I'm being a baddddddd moderator LOL I have led you all astray into Off-topic territory.

I read this series a few years ago as well and enjoyed it. I liked the world building (though some of it was not super well described) and don't have super stringent needs to be entertained with story-telling even if I do get frustrated by contradictions and type-o's. I do remember finding myself often skipping ahead to find the romance (I kind of do like that part:oops:) - and then of course backtracking and reading the rest of the story. I liked the entire series, but think I remember enjoying this first book the most.

Back