• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Forgotten Book - Feline Type People

moggy

Right I am sure I read a book once about a planet where the people on it were like cat people, eyes, furryish, and rough tongues.. they were telapathic as well I think.
One of these people came to Earth and was attracted to a human female.
Does this book ring any bells with anyone?
Its one of those where I either read it, or had a really good dream!

Thanks

This probably doesn't help but I remember an episode of Doctor Who that was similar. Had Sophie Aldred almost becoming a cat person.
ps. why is it I can remember cack like this? I can even tell you what S. Aldred ended up doing on BBC2, although I wont. :)

Oooo u do make it sound interesting though.

Hmmm no that helpful, maybe it was indeed a very good dream after that episode lol

Ooooh, i remember that episode, scared the pap out of me :D Looks of people running around with cheetah heads!!

Phil

J_D originally posted:
why is it I can remember cack like this?
I have the exact same problem. I always seem to be remembering all kinds of useless trivia, especially concerning films (I mean, I even remember the name of Doc. Brown's dog from 'Back To The Future').

Strange, that! Especially considering the fact that the stuff I should be remembering never sticks.

That was it, really. Proceed, if you must...

Cheers, Martin :D

I think the books you are looking for is in the Chanur series by CJ Cherryh. I never read the books, but they definitely have cat like aliens on all the covers :D

Originally posted by Martin
I mean, I even remember the name of Doc. Brown's dog from 'Back To The Future

Which one? As far as I remember, he had two...;)

Yes, he does.

Copernicus in 1955 and Einstein in 1985.

I bet you meant Einstein.;)

Okay...

You beat me, fair and square. (Damn, damn, damn!)

And yes, indeed, I meant Einstein.

Cheers, Martin :mad:

Black fur and big golden eyes ring a bell with you Moggy? If so then I remember a short story from a book called 'The Sisters Grimm' an alternative telling of favourite fairy tales.

This was an alternative to 'Beauty and The Beast', made Sci-Fi. The flower was sent to a 'human' female at a particular time, she then went to stay with the 'Alien', only to find out later that she was of the same species, but implanted somehow in her human 'mother', from whom she had taken her humanoid form. Telepathy was involved in the story - alien genetic which helped to convince her of the truth to the 'aliens' tale. The attraction was on both sides. (yep, just had to be sci-fi ;) ).

If not then sorry but I have no other ideas.

I love the Chanur series, but I don't think there is any telepathy. I have always thought that CJ Cherryh's writing style was one of the most unique in the SF Fantasy world, so I would give it a recommend too.

Hmm its really strange, I can almost see the cover of the book, wish I could just lay my hands on it!
the male wore contact lenses to hide his cat like eyes.. ring any bells with you guys?

Definitely not the Chanur series, they never come to Earth - the series is set in the great space beyond...

The cat people coming to earth sounds very intriguing! Must research this.

Could it be the Doona series by McCaffrey? Haven't read them... the synopsis of the first one doesn't seem promising, but maybe a later one is it. But, you know, I seem to remember your book as well and now I'm obsessed. I shall look further. It's either that or work!

I found it! The Sholan Alliance is a series by Lisanne Norman. Cat-like aliens come to earth and one of the teams with a telepath. If this isn't it I give up.

On the dream side... type [cat-like alien erotic fiction] in google. My search had science instead of erotic and there was still much to dream about...

Well I am going to have a look and see if it is that, I also find it hard to believe that I will of got rid the book.. cos I do tend to hord them..

Zeenans

There are a race of catlike people in the Flight of the Maita series. They are in several of the books, and are mentioned in most of them that I've read (24!). I think it was book 3, Pirates, where they first came in, and they were in the next 8 or nine books. One, named Tom (which Z always got a kick out of, a catlike man named Tom), was with the main crew for a long time. Z was in love with a Zeenan woman.
I know some of those stories were out in the eighties, and they're at Lulu, which is where I get them (Cheap!). The author's name is Moulton.

Back