• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Forgotten the title - a man remembers a previous life

msfogg

I've been trying for years to rediscover a book. It was a discarded library book in 1991, so it was probably published before 1985; it is NOT The Reincarnation of Peter Proud.

The plot went something like this: a young tourist (possibly Australian or English) goes to a small town (possibly in Italy or Greece). He starts having strange feelings and strange memories. He is drawn to a particular grave in the cemetery. The date of death of the man buried there is his own date of birth.

He is then drawn to a house. An old woman lives there. He tells the woman that she is his mother. The woman doesn’t believe him; her son has been dead for years. He says that when he was a boy growing up in this house, he hid something he stole behind a loose brick. He goes to the brick, removes it and finds the object (whatever it is) and the woman bursts into tears.

I don’t remember the rest. There is something about a motorbike. Perhaps he died in a motorbike accident?

The cover has a skull on it? (Maybe)

It’s a small paperback, at most eighty pages. It was written for teenagers? Children?

For some reason, it haunts me and I'd dearly like to read this book again.

Back