• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Forum Decorum

There is one in most forum they tend to call them kudos and kudonts.
I think your suggestion is a good one, tell some of the administrators.
You are building a good case for one.
On what kinds of forums have you seen "dislike" buttons? None I have ever been on.

You are building a good case for one.
On what kinds of forums have you seen "dislike" buttons? None I have ever been on.

There are some forums that you have not been on Pedsie.
On some of them it is possible to give kudonts.

I've seen forums with the option of adding kudos, but have never seen a kudonts button.

Yes, I agree. Either that or my ignore button will be getting used for the first time.

I'm pleased about this.
Please go and read my start to my chain book with two others members on here.
The reason I ask you is that you don't agree with my opinions; which is great.
I was hoping to find someone who disagrees with me so as to get a critique of my work.
All I ever get usually is how good it is and that is not helpful.
I feel you would be the perfect person to tell me exactly what you find lacking in the story.

On the ignore button.
What a silly thing to have on a forum.
A forum works best when debates take place.
Ignore me and all you'll be able to do is keep saying 'yes' to people who feel the same way as you.
That's a fandom club, not a forum.

A forum is meant for good debate, however, it is not necessary to constantly adopt a rather aggressive stance towards the other members' opinions. The way phrase your posts comes across as making it sound as if your opinion is the be all and end all of whatever discussion you choose to participate in. In order to be able to have a good debate you do need to respect other's opinions, and place nice.

A forum is meant for good debate, however, it is not necessary to constantly adopt a rather aggressive stance towards the other members' opinions. The way phrase your posts comes across as making it sound as if your opinion is the be all and end all of whatever discussion you choose to participate in. In order to be able to have a good debate you do need to respect other's opinions, and place nice.

I am literate and message in a literate way.
That does not mean I do not acknowlege that others have the right to an opposing opinion.
I just state how 'I' feel and that is my right in a fair forum.
I am not on here to play, I am on here to enjoy a forum.

a court or tribunal: the forum of public opinion.
an assembly, meeting place, television program, etc., for the discussion of questions of public interest.

You'll get used to my forthright manner. If everyone on the forum had the same way of expressing themselves what a dull vehicle that would be!

First off, there is no need for you to explain to me the English vocabulary, comes across as rather pedantic.

When I said play nice I didn't exactly expect anyone to break out their marbles. I meant it more in the sense that while lively discussion is in fact encouraged, there is no point in being on the offence all the time. You can still debate and treat anyone else participating in the discussion as someone with a valid opinion rather than an incompetent nincompoop.

Back